GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Anywhere to recycle plastic pots ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/north-carolina/92946-anywhere-recycle-plastic-pots.html)

Don S 23-04-2005 11:01 PM

Anywhere to recycle plastic pots ?

Hi. I have a couple stacks of plastic pots. These are 1 gallon, 3 gallon,
etc that held plants. At one time, the local nurseries would take these
back, and reuse them. The last time I took some, they told me they quit doing
that because of the chance of spreading plant disease. Is there anywhere to
recycle the empty pots ?

Thanx.

Donna Maroni 24-04-2005 02:45 PM

You could try the Raulston Arb, (919) 515-3132

Robert Gray 24-04-2005 03:44 PM

Don (or anyone else)

I need some smaller pots, (anything less than one gallon) for harvesting
some red maple seedlings from the yard. Let me know what you have and
where - I am south of the Crossroads Mall.

Thanks,
Robert
..
. com...

Derek Mark Edding 28-04-2005 04:41 PM

Don S wrote:
Hi. I have a couple stacks of plastic pots. These are 1 gallon, 3 gallon,
etc that held plants. At one time, the local nurseries would take these
back, and reuse them. The last time I took some, they told me they quit doing
that because of the chance of spreading plant disease. Is there anywhere to
recycle the empty pots ?

Hello Don,

You might try posting them as an offer on the TriangleFreecycle Yahoo
Newsgroup. It's surprising what people will find useful. I unloaded a
large stack of 1 gallon frozen yogurt containers there.

If you haven't signed up, you'll need to do that first. Here's the link
for the newsgroup:

Be careful, there's another Triangle Freecycle newsgroup on there that's
located in Texas. It has a hyphen in its name though.

Good luck,

-dreq