Old 05-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Raleighgirl

Default goundcover

Hi all.
I hope you're having as much fun gardening as I am! I laid in a
new garden, this time one large enough to include several trees.
Nice for something different. I think it will take several years
to fill this one.

Anyway, I have a problem area I need help with. We have an area
(about 10x30), under trees, that stays damp. It's in a natural
area but I don't want to cover the dampness with mulch.
Oftentimes, out here in the "country," many groundcovers
(pachysandra, periwinkle) seem snake-y. I tried some of the
plants (forgot the name) with heartshaped, red rimmed leaves,
white flowers and spreads like wildfire; I like it but it's too
tall. Any ideas?

As always, thanks in advance.

Raleighgirl

Old 06-06-2005, 12:37 PM
Baine Carruthers

There are several varieties of ajuga that would work well without the
"snake-y" look. Chrysogonum may also be a good choice.

--
Baine

. com...

Old 06-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Raleighgirl

OF yea, I hadn't thought of auger. Will it like the dampness?
Thanks for the ideas!
Jenny

Old 07-06-2005, 02:13 AM
Raleighgirl

Damn, must have had my fingers on the wrong keys! I meant to
say:
Oh yea, I hadn't thought of ajuga. Will it like the dampness?
Thanks for the ideas Baine.
Jenny

"Raleighgirl" wrote in message
m...
| OF yea, I hadn't thought of auger. Will it like the dampness?
| Thanks for the ideas!
| Jenny
| "Baine Carruthers" wrote in message
| | There are several varieties of ajuga that would work well
| without the
| | "snake-y" look. Chrysogonum may also be a good choice.
| |
| | --
| | Baine
| |
| |
| | "Raleighgirl" wrote in message
| | . com...
| | Hi all.
| | I hope you're having as much fun gardening as I am! I laid
| in a
| | new garden, this time one large enough to include several
| trees.
| | Nice for something different. I think it will take several
| years
| | to fill this one.
| |
| | Anyway, I have a problem area I need help with. We have an
| area
| | (about 10x30), under trees, that stays damp. It's in a
| natural
| | area but I don't want to cover the dampness with mulch.
| | Oftentimes, out here in the "country," many groundcovers
| | (pachysandra, periwinkle) seem snake-y. I tried some of
the
| | plants (forgot the name) with heartshaped, red rimmed
leaves,
| | white flowers and spreads like wildfire; I like it but it's
| too
| | tall. Any ideas?
| |
| | As always, thanks in advance.
| |
| | Raleighgirl
| |
| |
| |
| |

Old 07-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Baine Carruthers

It should perform well. It's very easy to establish.

--
Baine

"Raleighgirl" wrote in message
. com...
Damn, must have had my fingers on the wrong keys! I meant to
say:
Oh yea, I hadn't thought of ajuga. Will it like the dampness?
Thanks for the ideas Baine.
Jenny

"Raleighgirl" wrote in message
m...
| OF yea, I hadn't thought of auger. Will it like the dampness?
| Thanks for the ideas!
| Jenny
| "Baine Carruthers" wrote in message
| | There are several varieties of ajuga that would work well
| without the
| | "snake-y" look. Chrysogonum may also be a good choice.
| |
| | --
| | Baine
| |
| |
| | "Raleighgirl" wrote in message
| | . com...
| | Hi all.
| | I hope you're having as much fun gardening as I am! I laid
| in a
| | new garden, this time one large enough to include several
| trees.
| | Nice for something different. I think it will take several
| years
| | to fill this one.
| |
| | Anyway, I have a problem area I need help with. We have an
| area
| | (about 10x30), under trees, that stays damp. It's in a
| natural
| | area but I don't want to cover the dampness with mulch.
| | Oftentimes, out here in the "country," many groundcovers
| | (pachysandra, periwinkle) seem snake-y. I tried some of
the
| | plants (forgot the name) with heartshaped, red rimmed
leaves,
| | white flowers and spreads like wildfire; I like it but it's
| too
| | tall. Any ideas?
| |
| | As always, thanks in advance.