Old 06-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Susan Hogarth

Default Ginkgo blooming?

Riding the motorcycle Saturday evening I smelled ginkgo quite
distinctly several times. Is is blooming?

Incidentally, I *like* the smell. It's got a rank sort of
primitive-jungle feel to it ;-) Of course, I also like the smell of
boxwood!

- Susan

Old 07-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Jo

"Susan Hogarth" wrote in message
oups.com...
Riding the motorcycle Saturday evening I smelled ginkgo quite
distinctly several times. Is is blooming?

Incidentally, I *like* the smell. It's got a rank sort of
primitive-jungle feel to it ;-) Of course, I also like the smell of
boxwood!

- Susan

I haven't seen any, but I like the smell of boxwood too!

(Also like motorcycle rides, but been too long for me)

Jo

Old 07-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Susan Hogarth

Jo wrote:
"Susan Hogarth" wrote in message
oups.com...
Riding the motorcycle Saturday evening I smelled ginkgo quite
distinctly several times. Is is blooming?

Incidentally, I *like* the smell. It's got a rank sort of
primitive-jungle feel to it ;-) Of course, I also like the smell of
boxwood!

I haven't seen any, but I like the smell of boxwood too!

I -knew- I couldn't be the only one! When I was a child, we had a huge
boxwood(s) that was basically a 'grove' of trees (from
child-perspective - but they were a good 8-10 feet tall). We used to
climb in them, and called them 'tick trees' because we always seemed to
get ticks after climbing in them. I used to think ticks grew in the
cups of the young leaves. Funny childhood fancies! Anyway, that's where
I grew to love the smell, I suppose.

(Also like motorcycle rides, but been too long for me)

For me, too, but I'm just getting back into it. Maybe I'll get
confident enough to offer you a ride sometime.

- Susan

Old 07-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Jo

Jo wrote:
[...]

Will have to be after the baby comes in July, but would be lots of fun,
the ride, not the ticks, not that I can climb a tree anymore. I think
there is a rule if you are 40+ climbing tree's just isn't right.

Jo

Old 07-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Susan Hogarth

Jo wrote:
[...]

*eek*. I don't know if I want to be potentially responsible for
orphaning an infant! Maybe by then my confidence level will be much
improved. It's pretty good now, but my husband still looks so worried
every time I get on the bike that it undermines my confidence a bit ;-)

not that I can climb a tree anymore. I think
there is a rule if you are 40+ climbing tree's just isn't right.

Not fair to the tree, at any rate! ;-)

- Susan

Old 07-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Jo

"Susan Hogarth" wrote in message
ups.com...
Jo wrote:
[...]

LOL He wouldn't be an orphan, he has two adult sisters and a dad I
think my hubby would stress if I got on a bike for sure.

Jo

Website Ginkgo biloba CorK Gardening 0 18-10-2003 11:22 PM
Ginkgo Biloba Bjoern Bartusch Plant Science 8 05-06-2003 09:18 AM
Ginkgo Biloba Bjoern Bartusch Bonsai 0 21-05-2003 10:32 PM
Anyone have a Ginkgo 'Autumn Gold' they want removed in California? NEEDS TO BE MALE. Kira Dirlik North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:45 PM
Ginkgo tree: complete website CorK Gardening 2 15-04-2003 04:08 PM