Old 12-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Dieseldog

Default Utility Trailer

I'm looking for a 5'x 8' or 5' x 9" utlilty trailer.

A trailer in good used condition would be great, but I'm also interested to
know where the best deals on new trailers can be found.

Thanks
--

"Without dogs, our houses are cold receptacles for things. Dogs make a fire
warmer with their curled presence. They wake us, greet us, protect us and

Old 12-07-2005, 02:30 PM
tomatolord

craigslist.com
and
triangle for sale newsgroup.

keep an eye out and call quickly I bought the same type trailer you are
looking for and it was well made for 150

I did have to put a new set of tires on it and new wiring but that was also
under 50

However it was a southern trailer (meaning it had no tags) the guy has 3
trailers and just rotated the tags among his other trailers.

tomatolord

ink.net...

Old 12-07-2005, 05:52 PM

On 2005-07-12, Dieseldog wrote:
I'm looking for a 5'x 8' or 5' x 9" utlilty trailer.

A trailer in good used condition would be great, but I'm also interested to
know where the best deals on new trailers can be found.

Thanks

Traylor's Trailers on West Chatham in Cary can make you one. He is a
backyard business on the opposite of chatham st from TAO auto's cary
shop. He generally has a few trailers on the lawn. It is at the
intersection of I think Park and Chatham.
the number is 467-9363 his name is Don Traylor.

He has a couple of his standard ones out generally, but he made a flat
4x8 that could take stake sides since I wanted flexibilty on the kind of
sides. He welded stake brackets to it. The only thing he goofed on was
he put the first brackets right on the corners but they have to be back
a foot or so.

is a garbage address.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:54 PM

On 2005-07-12, tomatolord wrote:
craigslist.com
and
triangle for sale newsgroup.

keep an eye out and call quickly I bought the same type trailer you are
looking for and it was well made for 150

I did have to put a new set of tires on it and new wiring but that was also
under 50

However it was a southern trailer (meaning it had no tags) the guy has 3
trailers and just rotated the tags among his other trailers.

tomatolord

"Dieseldog" wrote in message
ink.net...
I'm looking for a 5'x 8' or 5' x 9" utlilty trailer.

A trailer in good used condition would be great, but I'm also interested
to know where the best deals on new trailers can be found.

Thanks
--

Don Traylor 467-9363 can may you one.

Old 13-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Anne Lurie

Wes,

Do you have any suggestions for finding a trailer like that in the Northeast
Raleigh area? I finally persuaded hubby to trade in his elderly Chevy S-10
for another vehicle that could tow his boat -- what a concept!!!

However, now that I have my "granny bling bling" Mazda Tribute (Red!!!), I
can see the merits of a trailer for hauling "thus & such" (tomato stakes in
my case). So, I'd appreciate any tips you could give me.

In the meantime, if any of you are stuck in traffic attempting to cross
Capital Blvd, where we have SO much time to spend together -- and the lady
next to you is blasting Motown on the stereo, just smile! -- and let me
see ALL those fingers when you wave!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

. ..

Old 13-07-2005, 01:48 PM

Anne Lurie wrote:
Wes,

Do you have any suggestions for finding a trailer like that in the Northeast
Raleigh area? I finally persuaded hubby to trade in his elderly Chevy S-10
for another vehicle that could tow his boat -- what a concept!!!

However, now that I have my "granny bling bling" Mazda Tribute (Red!!!), I
can see the merits of a trailer for hauling "thus & such" (tomato stakes in
my case). So, I'd appreciate any tips you could give me.

In the meantime, if any of you are stuck in traffic attempting to cross
Capital Blvd, where we have SO much time to spend together -- and the lady
next to you is blasting Motown on the stereo, just smile! -- and let me
see ALL those fingers when you wave!

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

For "thus and such" uses, HarborFreight on Capital blvd has a nice 4x8 red
foldable trailer for under 250$ I think...Add 2 pieces of 4x8 plywoods - one
for the bed and one for the sides (along with some 2x4) and it's been pretty
functional for most of my "thus & such" uses.

. ..

Old 13-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Craig Watts

Dieseldog wrote:
I'm looking for a 5'x 8' or 5' x 9" utlilty trailer.

A trailer in good used condition would be great, but I'm also interested to
know where the best deals on new trailers can be found.

Thanks

I have a junker left off from some work crew from Florida during Fran.
It's made from the ass end of a pickup truck.

Free for the taking.

Craig (Penny Road)

278-8317 cell
Old 13-07-2005, 05:10 PM

On 2005-07-13, wrote:
Anne Lurie wrote:
[...]

I had something similar from Northern Tool about 10-12 years ago, and
while it was ok it had limitation. The small tires for one. I think
they may have 12 inch tires by now but that is not nearly the 13-15 inch
tire that is on bigger trailers.

I blew one with an overload of leaves and had to buy an new tire and
rim.

A larger trailer will cost more like 500+ but it is worth it. I feel
safe taking mine on the interstates. I was pulling it to South Carolina
to mow some land there and to get pine straw.

Anne Harbor Freight and Northern Tool on Rock Quarry road are the only
ones I know of, but I suspect there are some custom builders. Seems
like the places that sell camper shells have some with the flip up ramp
that the mowing services like. There used to be some of those on
Capital.

. ..

Old 13-07-2005, 05:16 PM

On 2005-07-13, Craig Watts wrote:
Dieseldog wrote:
I'm looking for a 5'x 8' or 5' x 9" utlilty trailer.

A trailer in good used condition would be great, but I'm also interested to
know where the best deals on new trailers can be found.

Thanks

I have a junker left off from some work crew from Florida during Fran.
It's made from the ass end of a pickup truck.

Now that brings back memories. My grandfather had one on his farm. He
had removed the truck bed and built a wooden frame on the chassis.
they never removed the drive shaft. it was up under the tongue and you
could see it rotate as it rolled along.

In NC now they have to have a VIN and need a license. I think the
manufacturer had to put it on after I got it from the Highway Patrol
office. Then I could register it and get the license. They put the vin
on the tongue and on the metal that serves as the axle.

Free for the taking.

Craig (Penny Road)

278-8317 cell

is a garbage address.

Utility Box Cover davidp Lawns 2 04-07-2005 05:37 PM
Prunning Trees Near Utility Lines John A. Keslick, Jr. Gardening 0 26-01-2005 06:32 PM
Free satellite imagery + free utility available for making beautiful base maps Geosage Plant Science 0 23-09-2004 03:13 PM
%$@#*&^ utility workmen Ned Gardening 5 07-07-2004 07:02 PM
Which utility trailer to buy? Snowbear ok? [email protected] Lawns 1 30-04-2004 09:02 PM