GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Max. luteo-alba? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/153354-max-luteo-alba.html)

danny 20-11-2006 10:26 PM

Max. luteo-alba?

1 Attachment(s)
I'm not sure about the name on this one, M. luteo-alba normally has yellow
on the sepals. Smells great.
-danny

Susan Erickson 21-11-2006 05:17 AM

Max. luteo-alba?

Lovely Collection. Love the Den. I had one that dark and took it to
a Judging only to be told it could not be the species..... it was too
dark. They claimed it had to be a hybrid. I saw Hoosiers. It was
beautiful.

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:26:34 -0500, "danny" wrote:

I'm not sure about the name on this one, M. luteo-alba normally has yellow
on the sepals. Smells great.
-danny

SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

danny 21-11-2006 05:26 AM

Max. luteo-alba?

The name Den. victoria-reginae was apparently published in 1897, so I'm
guessing there's been time for a few generations of line breeding to work on
the color over the last century. Mine came from Mountain Orchids.
-danny