GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Restrepia sanguinea Walter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/153372-restrepia-sanguinea-walter.html)

P Max 22-11-2006 11:10 PM

Restrepia sanguinea Walter

1 Attachment(s)
Restrepia sanguinea 'Walter'
Columbian. High elevation.
Peter

--
)

Eric Hunt[_1_] 23-11-2006 04:21 AM

Restrepia sanguinea Walter

Peter,

This guy has global coverage! Everyone grows the 'Walter' clone here in the
Bay Area, too.

The 'Walter' is for Walter Teague, a local Bay Area orchidist.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

P Max 23-11-2006 10:33 AM

Restrepia sanguinea Walter

Thanks Eric. A local guy, an hour down the road, set up Warrnambool Orchids
in approx 1990. To do so, he travelled the world and assembled a great
quantity of some of the best pleurothallids, odonts and other genera that
you could wish to see inc. Drac vampira 'Walter', 'Cow Hollow' 'Hawk Hill',
hirtzii 'Pui Y' and other renowned plants. I know that he paid several
visits to the San Fran heart when hunting and gathering and hence our orchid
community has a lot of clones in circulation, that you may be familiar with,
inc retsrepia sanguinea 'Walter'. We are the beneficiaries of his good
efforts. Sadly, he is no longer trading in species - is now mass producing
phalaenopsis hybrids for the pot plant industry instead - as it pays better.
Regards,
Peter
--
)