GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mormodes Exotic Treat (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/153393-mormodes-exotic-treat.html)

Gene Schurg 28-11-2006 05:57 PM

Mormodes Exotic Treat

1 Attachment(s)
Last week Fred Clark spoke to our society about the other Cats (Catesetums),
Cycnoches, and Mormodes. Great speaker if you are looking for someone for
your group.

I was so inspired from his talk that today I saw that this little gem was
firing it's pollen at anything that touched the flower. I also had a
Cycnodes Wine Delight in full glory. Since both of them have perfect
flowers (male and female parts on the same flower) I did reciprocal crosses
of them. Could be an interesting thing if I did things correctly. I'd
never make a good honey bee!

Deep red with spots?

Mormodes Exotic Treat....primary cross of sinuata x tuxtlensis