GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Potinara to be? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/153398-potinara.html)

wendy7 28-11-2006 11:57 PM

Potinara to be?

2 Attachment(s)
(Slc Aratritioe x Bc Mt. Hood) x C. Naoko Sugihara. A pretty pastel.
Not sure about the spelling here & sadly can never get it from the owner.
I also missed this one's repot time as you can see by
the roots outside the pot.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

tbell 29-11-2006 12:31 AM

Potinara to be?

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:57:40 -0800, wendy7 wrote
(in article ):

Inspiring series, luv, especially the C. Regina and the Den.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

danny 29-11-2006 12:41 AM

Potinara to be?

I can't find anything close to "Aratritioe" in the registration database.
Can you come up with any other possible spellings from the handwriting?
-danny

wendy7 29-11-2006 01:54 AM

Potinara to be?

Thanks for trying Danny, the tag has my writing on it as I got the name
over the phone from the grower. He sadly passed away a few weeks later.
I tried searching for anything crossed with Bc. Mt. Hood but to no avail.

tennis maynard 29-11-2006 02:21 AM

Potinara to be?

wendy7 wrote:
Thanks for trying Danny, the tag has my writing on it as I got the name
over the phone from the grower. He sadly passed away a few weeks later.
I tried searching for anything crossed with Bc. Mt. Hood but to no avail.

Could it possibly be Sl.Gratrixiae?

Susan Erickson 29-11-2006 05:09 AM

Potinara to be?

On Tue, 28 Nov 2006 15:57:40 -0800, "wendy7" wrote:

(Slc Aratritioe x Bc Mt. Hood) x C. Naoko Sugihara. A pretty pastel.
Not sure about the spelling here & sadly can never get it from the owner.
I also missed this one's repot time as you can see by
the roots outside the pot.

Not much help - but the Only SLC's I can find hybridized with Bc Mount
Hood are -- Slc Anzac, Slc Atlantic King, Slc George Hausermann, Slc
Rainbow Hill, and Slc Vallezac.

I don't find any registered crosses with C Naoko Sugihara (which is
Spelled correctly).

Sorry to not be of any help.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

K Barrett 29-11-2006 04:55 PM

Potinara to be?

Ask Alan Koch at Gold Country. We had something with a similar name (the
Arantioe) at judging recently and he knew of it. I, too, took a quick look
and couldn't find anything registered, but what do I know? Ask him if you
can email the picture too in case it jogs his memory.

K Barrett

wendy7 29-11-2006 05:58 PM

Potinara to be?

Hmm? I am getting 'de ja vu' here Kathy, seems like we have done this
before. I have emailed Alan so will let you know.
Thanks awfully,

wendy7 02-12-2006 03:56 PM

Potinara to be? Attn. Kathy B

Joy, joy! Received an email from Alan & his guess is
"Dr. Hull couldn't read the writing on his label. There was a hybrid floating around
many years ago in Southern California of Sl. Gratixiae x Bc. Mount Hood"
Also because this cross was never registered the cross with C. Naoko Sugihara wasn't
recorded.
Thanks for your help Kathy & everyone. I guess Tennis is the closest.