GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bulbophyllum echinolabium X 2 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/153402-bulbophyllum-echinolabium-x-2-a.html)

P Max 30-11-2006 12:25 PM

Bulbophyllum echinolabium X 2

2 Attachment(s)
Bulbophyllum echinolabium - Sulawesi
Just opened up. Yet to stretch out.
Peter

--
)

P Max 30-11-2006 01:14 PM

Bulbophyllum echinolabium X 2

1 Attachment(s)
I couldn't fathom why this bulbo seemed smellier than usual. Soon realized
that the nearby dracuncularus had also opened up - with 6 flowers.
Peter

--
)

P Max 01-12-2006 01:37 PM

Bulbophyllum echinolabium X 2

It was a lovely day here when taking the photos, Dan. The sun was shining
and temp was 25 Degrees Celsius. Perfect conditions for odour release. The
Dracuncularus smelt like a dead carcass nearby.
While smelly, it remains a very interesting plant. Inspires many
conversations.
Peter

--
)