GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Maxillaria cucullata X 2 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/153415-maxillaria-cucullata-x-2-a.html)

P Max 30-11-2006 12:36 PM

Maxillaria cucullata X 2

2 Attachment(s)
Maxillaria cucullata
From Mexico to Ecuador
Reminds me of after effects of having sucked on a licorice bar - in the good
old days.
Peter

--
)

Susan Erickson 30-11-2006 02:23 PM

Maxillaria cucullata X 2

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:36:43 GMT, "P Max"
wrote:

Maxillaria cucullata
From Mexico to Ecuador
Reminds me of after effects of having sucked on a licorice bar - in the good
old days.
Peter

G That is a kick. Delightfully different flower... OK is this "THE
Black Orchid" of Myth?
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

P Max 01-12-2006 01:25 PM

Maxillaria cucullata X 2

It does poke a black tongue, Sue. It must be a liar!
I have another form with lighter colours also. Must be a variable species.
As for orchid mythology, I doubt that this species fits the part. Nice try!
Have a good day,
Peter

--
)
"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 12:36:43 GMT, "P Max"
wrote:

Maxillaria cucullata
From Mexico to Ecuador