GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First Tongue-orchid of the year (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/153420-first-tongue-orchid-year.html)

AusDigi 02-12-2006 11:23 AM

First Tongue-orchid of the year

1 Attachment(s)
Summer is here and so are the summer orchids. Saw two of these Large
Tongue-orchids (Cryptostylis subulata) flowering today, withe a few more
buds coming. I also saw some early buds of the Small Tongue-orchid - maybe
in 2 or 3 weeks they'll be flowering too.

--
more photos from today:
http://photos.rnr.id.au/2006/12/02/

unknown[_1_] 03-12-2006 10:15 PM

First Tongue-orchid of the year

In article ,
"AusDigi" wrote:

Summer is here and so are the summer orchids. Saw two of these Large
Tongue-orchids (Cryptostylis subulata) flowering today, withe a few more
buds coming. I also saw some early buds of the Small Tongue-orchid - maybe
in 2 or 3 weeks they'll be flowering too.

good lord that's freaky looking.....

winter here. :(

--j_a

AusDigi 06-12-2006 08:00 AM

First Tongue-orchid of the year

Thanks ja, that's mostly an inverted labellum you see.

Summer here isn't always pleasant either, when its close to body temperature
outside the body there's not much to do but sit around in the shade.