Old 07-12-2006, 11:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Paphinia Majestic

As you can see in the picture, this plant is just in a 3" pot. I got a 3"
pot this summer and it separated into 2 pieces. I planted in sphagnum. The
flowers aren't fragrant but they're huge for the plant and look pretty neat
too. Majestic is the primary hybrid Paphinia cristata x herrarae.
Gary

Attached Thumbnails
Paphinia Majestic-paphinia-majestic1.jpg   Paphinia Majestic-paphinia-majestic2.jpg

Old 08-12-2006, 11:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

. ..

"V_coerulea" wrote in message
As you can see in the picture, this plant is just in a 3" pot. I got a 3"
pot this summer and it separated into 2 pieces. I planted in sphagnum.
The flowers aren't fragrant but they're huge for the plant and look
pretty neat too. Majestic is the primary hybrid Paphinia cristata x
herrarae.
Gary

Thanks again. This is the first time I've grown this. It's in with the catts
and probably is getting a little cooler than it would like. The buds took
forever to open. They grew into little balloons that probably took 3 weeks
to open. Maybe the cooler temps are what's making them hold. They've been
open about a week now. I've just gotten into the soft-leaved orchids like
Cycnoches and Catasetums this year and have been warned about the spider
mite problems. So far so good.
Gary

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Begonia Majestic Guy Gorton[_2_] Garden Photos 2 26-06-2015 04:25 PM
Indoor Majestic Palm [email protected] Gardening 0 04-11-2006 07:57 PM
majestic palms Martin Australia 5 18-04-2004 04:05 AM
majestic palm seeding problem Martin Australia 0 16-04-2004 04:33 AM
majestic palm problem Martin Gardening 0 16-04-2004 04:32 AM