Old 08-12-2006, 12:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default C-Barbara-Kirsch-comp

This is a group picture of some of the first to flower from this flask. The
flowers range from lavender to golden red and 2 - 2 3/4" across. The lip
varies in intensity and the throat from cream to yellow with very light to
very dark markings. Some have wavy petals. The variety makes it difficult to
chose which to keep and which to toss. Barbara Kirsch is C bowringiana X C
aurantiaca. This cross used the coerulea form of bowringiana.
Gary

Attached Thumbnails
C-Barbara-Kirsch-comp-c-barbara-kirsch-compr.jpg
Old 08-12-2006, 02:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Well Gary, you can toss the center left one over to me. I have an
original of this cross.
By the way Gary, I took a second look, second....., & you have to be
commended on the pristine look of all your plants & good photos too.
What camera do you use? Forgive me if I have asked before.

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Old 08-12-2006, 11:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

"wendy7" wrote in message
Well Gary, you can toss the center left one over to me. I have an
original of this cross.
By the way Gary, I took a second look, second....., & you have to be
commended on the pristine look of all your plants & good photos too.
What camera do you use? Forgive me if I have asked before.

Unfortunately your taste and mine are very close, so that one you're looking
at is one of my keepers.
My camera is an old Epson 3000 3.2MP I got back in 1999. It was top of the
line at the time and had a mess of features, lenses, filters. It has digital
zoom, digital light control and quite a varied menu. It also has its
glitches as do all cameras even now. But my eye has been straying towards a
Nikon D80 10.2MP SLR as maybe a Christmas present to myself. I need to shop
around a bit since the prices vary a good bit but are around $1000+. I don't
think
Epson is into cameras anymore but it was a great investment and certainly
taught
me how to do more than point-and-shoot. I'm no expert on cameras, but IMHO
I think it wise to stick to the high-end Nikon, Canon or Olympus. They're
continually
rated tops and give you everything you want.
Thanks a lot for your compliments and comments.
Gary