Old 09-12-2006, 07:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Paph. villosum x Fox Valley

Paph. villosum x Paph. Fox Valley AM/AOS. Another one from a member of RGO,
our very own Rob Halgren in 2001
The flash really brought out colours, a little too much.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Attached Thumbnails
Paph. villosum x Fox Valley-p-villosum-x-fox-valley-1744-04140.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P villosum x Fox Valley 1744-04138.jpg (62.5 KB, 75 views)
Old 09-12-2006, 01:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

"wendy7" wrote in message
Paph. villosum x Paph. Fox Valley AM/AOS. Another one from a member of
RGO,
our very own Rob Halgren in 2001
The flash really brought out colours, a little too much.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Does your camera have a way to digitally decrease the amount of light while
using the flash? I find that a great way to use the flash to fill in shadows
while the digital light control prevents color over-saturation. I think it's
better than, and definately takes less time than, using Photoshop for flash
correction.
Gary

Old 09-12-2006, 07:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 07:41:21 -0500, "V_coerulea"
wrote:

"wendy7" wrote in message
Paph. villosum x Paph. Fox Valley AM/AOS. Another one from a member of
RGO,
our very own Rob Halgren in 2001
The flash really brought out colours, a little too much.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Does your camera have a way to digitally decrease the amount of light while
using the flash? I find that a great way to use the flash to fill in shadows
while the digital light control prevents color over-saturation. I think it's
better than, and definately takes less time than, using Photoshop for flash
correction.
Gary

One way to soften a flash up is to cover it with one layer of a well
worn men's handkerchief. The thin white cotton softens the light just
enough to cut the harshness with out removing the amount needed to
help fill shadows.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids
Old 11-12-2006, 05:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

*G* Hah! Gary, I am all thumbs & no brainers when it comes to
photography. I really should take some time out for a class or two.
I wonder if there is something easy on the net?

--

V_coerulea wrote:
"wendy7" wrote in message
Paph. villosum x Paph. Fox Valley AM/AOS. Another one from a member
of RGO,
our very own Rob Halgren in 2001
The flash really brought out colours, a little too much.
--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Does your camera have a way to digitally decrease the amount of light
while using the flash? I find that a great way to use the flash to
fill in shadows while the digital light control prevents color
over-saturation. I think it's better than, and definately takes less
time than, using Photoshop for flash correction.
Gary

Rate This Thread: