Old 10-12-2006, 09:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Nice Surprise

Several of the orchids I have collected in my first year love affair with
orchids have been rescue plants from the local box store - not many sources
for plants in my neck of the woods and the plants at the box store look
pretty beat up.. Most of the rescues are of course NOIDs and blooms long
gone but spikes still viable. Having read the pros and cons of leaving the
spikes on I just couldn't bear to cut them off. That is until I moved them
indoors for the winter. Two of the spikes had a small growth just barely
visible so thinking I might get a keiki I left them on. No keiki's but both
sent out new spikes. I had read that the reblooms would be smaller than the
original spike so I was amazed to see the size of this flower!

--
Mark Edson
Waukomis Oklahoma, USA

Attached Thumbnails
Nice Surprise-5inchphal.jpg
Old 10-12-2006, 10:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Mark,

Congrats! Now take a picture without the tape measure so we can see the
Phal's pretty face, LOL!

Diana

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

a nice surprise Kate Morgan United Kingdom 16 06-11-2011 08:14 AM
A nice surprise Cat(h) United Kingdom 21 14-03-2007 07:34 PM
A pleasant surprise Carl Koop Ponds 6 05-06-2003 12:21 AM
Surprise, surprise Zemedelec Gardening 1 30-03-2003 01:20 PM
Acuba Picturata a pleasant surprise! Little Badger United Kingdom 0 25-03-2003 08:20 PM