Old 16-12-2006, 03:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Attn:- Ray - Semi Hydro test

Would this Den superbum with all the keiki's be
because this plant requires a dry rest & I tried it in Semi Hydro?
Could it be because the roots rotted out & it's trying to propagate?

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Attached Thumbnails
Attn:- Ray - Semi Hydro test-den-superbum-keikis-04240.jpg
Old 16-12-2006, 03:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Probably the second one. I've had a couple dendrobiums put out a big flush
of keikeis when the main plant was about to croak. Is it just the roots
that are rotten, or are any of the bulbs rotting at the base?

I think I heard once that you can grow the nobile types hydroponically and
still get blooms if you don't fertilize them in the winter.

-danny

Old 16-12-2006, 06:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks Danny, Yes the canes were starting to rot so I have washed them in a
Physan solution, & laid them out on a bed of sphagnum moss & a springling of
charcoal & root hormone?

Old 21-12-2006, 12:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wendy, my suberbums both keiki like crazy, but not quite like that. I do
know that it's not unusual for some of the canes to die back. I just cut
them off.

Diana

"wendy7" wrote in message
Thanks Ray.

--

"wendy7" wrote in message
Would this Den superbum with all the keiki's be
because this plant requires a dry rest & I tried it in Semi Hydro?
Could it be because the roots rotted out & it's trying to propagate?

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Enc. oncidioides in S-hydro - Attn Ray Wendy7 Orchid Photos 1 29-05-2008 11:39 AM
semi-hydro pots bb Orchids 5 07-01-2004 12:33 AM
Semi-Hydro versus Water Culture? J Fortuna Orchids 6 06-01-2004 02:34 PM
Semi-Hydro versus Water Culture? J Fortuna Orchids 0 06-01-2004 06:34 AM
No Spikes???-Thanks, but one more semi-hydro question Charles Peters Orchids 4 18-11-2003 11:42 AM