GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Spiranthes australis (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/153575-spiranthes-australis.html)

AusDigi 24-12-2006 10:01 AM

Spiranthes australis

1 Attachment(s)
Visited a place today where there has been a patch of Austral Ladies Tresses
in previous year (never many, perhaps up to a dozen). This year there are
two scrawny plants, probably due to the drought.

--
More photos from this month:
http://photos.rnr.id.au/2006/12/

P Max 24-12-2006 11:16 AM

Spiranthes australis

Spir australis has become very rare in Colac and district, Reiner. There are
a couple of plants that show annually on my block, but alas, with the worst
drought in decades here, these have not surfaced at all this year. I have
conservationists wanting seed - will have to wait some time.
Happy Xmas!
Peter

--
)

AusDigi 25-12-2006 10:23 AM

Spiranthes australis

Thanks Peter, so that's where you live. I went through Colac a month or two
ago, looked at the lake which had plenty of water (unlike the lake in
Ballarat).

There's another reasonably local place I know that had Spiranthes australis
which I'll have to visit in the next few days. I doubt it will have anything
as, a couple of months ago, the pond around which they grew was just a mud
puddle.