Old 02-01-2007, 04:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Oncidium forbesii 'Avalon' - kind of the Oncidiums

Oncidium species just don't get any better than this guy.

Species from Brazil

Grown by Anna S. Chai.

--
-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Attached Thumbnails
Oncidium forbesii 'Avalon' - kind of the Oncidiums-oncidium-forbesii-avalon.jpg
Old 02-01-2007, 06:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 20:11:27 -0800, Eric Hunt wrote
(in article ) :

Oncidium species just don't get any better than this guy.

Species from Brazil

Grown by Anna S. Chai.

I don't usually like the chocolate/brown blooms, but with that yellow edging
this is wonderful.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 02-01-2007, 06:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Tom,

Absolutely! The gold picotee really is the detail that just makes everything
else work.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

.com...

Old 02-01-2007, 07:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

*laff* I just caught my typo in the subject.

That should be "king of the Oncidiums"

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Old 02-01-2007, 08:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Great photo and a great word, Eric.

Had me running for my dictionaries. One said "A variety of the pink in
which the edges of the petals are often a darker colour than the flowers "
and the other said " A type of carnation of which the flowers have a light
ground and dark-edged petals." Maybe you can go into the Oxford Dictionary
as being the first to apply this term to orchids.

Cheers

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Tom,

Absolutely! The gold picotee really is the detail that just makes
everything else work.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

.com...

Old 03-01-2007, 05:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

John Varigos wrote:
Great photo and a great word, Eric.

Had me running for my dictionaries. One said "A variety of the pink in
which the edges of the petals are often a darker colour than the flowers "
and the other said " A type of carnation of which the flowers have a light
ground and dark-edged petals." Maybe you can go into the Oxford Dictionary
as being the first to apply this term to orchids.....................

Far too late for that:
(see description of the 2nd orchid)
http://www.wickfordorchids.com/phala...opogations.htm

Steve

Old 03-01-2007, 05:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I see what you mean Steve. I just Image Googled & found some doozies!

--
Cheers Wendy

No Spam Email Address Invalid

Steve wrote:
John Varigos wrote:
Great photo and a great word, Eric.

Had me running for my dictionaries. One said "A variety of the pink
in which the edges of the petals are often a darker colour than the
flowers " and the other said " A type of carnation of which the
flowers have a light ground and dark-edged petals." Maybe you can
go into the Oxford Dictionary as being the first to apply this term

Far too late for that:
(see description of the 2nd orchid)
http://www.wickfordorchids.com/phala...opogations.htm

Steve