Old 03-01-2007, 01:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Visit to USA - 1. Atlanta Botanic Gardens

I had a business trip to Chicago in November last year and managed to take a
few days off on the way home to visit the Atlanta Botanic Gardens and then
several orchid nurseries in San Francisco.

Following are some of the more interesting orchids I saw. Many thanks to
Danny, Eric, Dan, Scott and Bob for giving of their time and access to their
collections. Very much appreciated.

The first series of photos are from Atlanta. For those of you who haven't
been, this is the entrance to the Gardens. This is a must go to place if
you are interested in orchid species.

~John
Melbourne, Australia

Attached Thumbnails
Visit to USA - 1. Atlanta Botanic Gardens-atlanta-botanic-gardens-entrance.jpg
Old 03-01-2007, 03:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 00:47:02 +1100, "John Varigos"
wrote:

I had a business trip to Chicago in November last year and managed to take a
few days off on the way home to visit the Atlanta Botanic Gardens and then
several orchid nurseries in San Francisco.

Following are some of the more interesting orchids I saw. Many thanks to
Danny, Eric, Dan, Scott and Bob for giving of their time and access to their
collections. Very much appreciated.

The first series of photos are from Atlanta. For those of you who haven't
been, this is the entrance to the Gardens. This is a must go to place if
you are interested in orchid species.

~John
Melbourne, Australia

Marvelous show. Thank you John, Danny thanks for setting this half
up.

John as low as Danny went at least he was not crawling on his
belly.G

Look forward to the west coast section.

Diana - Now this is a place for a RGO/ABPO bus trip.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

Old 04-01-2007, 03:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 15:48:11 -0500, "Diana Kulaga"
wrote:

Right, Sue! You're in charge......

Diana

It is COLD here - If I am in charge -- I say C H A R G E
there is no time like the present.

We have had temps of 36 & above so our total 30" is now down to fence
height off the front walk. Son and Gbaby were here, he wanted pix of
her in the snow. So he had her dancing on the fence posts.. at 8
months Daddy's can make daughters dance on fence posts... if only for
pix. Not in my camera so I can not share. . yet.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

Rate This Thread: