GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bulbophyllum blepharistes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/153682-bulbophyllum-blepharistes.html)

John Varigos 06-01-2007 02:01 PM

Bulbophyllum blepharistes

2 Attachment(s)
This is a common bulbophyllum found from India through to Malaysia
~John

danny 06-01-2007 06:46 PM

Bulbophyllum blepharistes

It's not common around here, very interesting.
-danny

om...

Susan Erickson 06-01-2007 10:26 PM

Bulbophyllum blepharistes

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 01:01:31 +1100, "John Varigos"
wrote:

This is a common bulbophyllum found from India through to Malaysia
~John

Maybe in your neck of the woods. But I have never seen it before. Is
it STINKY?

It is adorable... but if it is stinky G maybe not.
SuE
http://orchids.legolas.org/gallery/orchids

John Varigos 06-01-2007 10:39 PM

Bulbophyllum blepharistes

SuE, I don't recall it smelling and none of my texts refer to "odour" so you
may be safe(r) with this one.

Apparently likes to be warm, with good humidity and no direct sun. Can grow
mounted or in basket.

I think I might get a piece of this as well.

John

Eric Hunt[_1_] 06-01-2007 11:50 PM

Bulbophyllum blepharistes

Sue,

Nope, it's not stinky.

We're down to a small plant, but it's not a rampant grower, so it'll be
awhile before we have divisions again. =(

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org