Old 18-02-2007, 06:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Ansellia africana v. nilotica

One of a number of different forms I have of this species. Nicely
fragrant, too.

Attached Thumbnails
Ansellia africana v. nilotica-africananilotica.jpg
Old 18-02-2007, 07:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Lemon pudding with the zest left in, Tennis!

Diana

Old 19-02-2007, 12:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

This one is lovely Tennis. Just how big is your plant & where did you get
it?
Cheers Wendy

Old 19-02-2007, 04:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Wendy7 wrote:
This one is lovely Tennis. Just how big is your plant & where did you
get it?
Cheers Wendy

Thanks, the pbs are about 8" and leaves another 10" or so. My ansellias
stay relatively short in high light. This one I got as a division from a
plant originally from the local conservatory where I repot.
Old 22-02-2007, 09:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi Tennis

Lovely. I have one plant of this species which flowers intermittently. How
do you grow yours?

Cheers

John

Old 22-02-2007, 11:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

John Varigos wrote:
Hi Tennis

Lovely. I have one plant of this species which flowers intermittently. How
do you grow yours?

Cheers

John

"tennis maynard" wrote in message

One of a number of different forms I have of this species. Nicely
fragrant, too.

Loosely potted in a large CHC/#4 sponge rock mix, full sun during the
summer outdoors and watered as a cattleya, which for me means a little
on the dry side. I think they naturally get a drier winter as I don't
water often enough in the growrooms, where they sit directly under a
400W MH. I usually get a small blooming in the mid-winter, Dec-Jan, and
a fuller blooming in the summer, sometimes lasting from June all the way
through August.
Old 24-02-2007, 10:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thanks Tennis.

Sounds like I need to give them a bit more light.

Cheers

John

John Varigos wrote:
Hi Tennis

Lovely. I have one plant of this species which flowers intermittently.
How do you grow yours?

Cheers

John

"tennis maynard" wrote in message

One of a number of different forms I have of this species. Nicely
fragrant, too.

Loosely potted in a large CHC/#4 sponge rock mix, full sun during the
summer outdoors and watered as a cattleya, which for me means a little on
the dry side. I think they naturally get a drier winter as I don't water
often enough in the growrooms, where they sit directly under a 400W MH. I
usually get a small blooming in the mid-winter, Dec-Jan, and a fuller
blooming in the summer, sometimes lasting from June all the way through
August.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Ansellia africana fully open. Wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 21-05-2008 03:19 AM
Ansellia africana Wendy7 Orchid Photos 2 10-05-2008 10:29 PM
Ansellia africana 'Yellow Fountain' tenman Orchid Photos 0 15-04-2008 03:46 PM
Ansellia africana Wendy7 Orchid Photos 3 10-05-2007 04:59 PM
Ansellia africana 'Yellow Fountain' tennis maynard Orchid Photos 0 03-03-2007 07:54 AM