GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   First bloom floof - psfendercinnstickmacrofr.jpg (1/1) [213K] (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/154624-first-bloom-floof-psfendercinnstickmacrofr-jpg-1-1-%5B213k%5D.html)

tbell 28-02-2007 01:29 AM

First bloom floof - psfendercinnstickmacrofr.jpg (1/1) [213K]

1 Attachment(s)

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

wendy7 28-02-2007 01:43 AM

First bloom floof - psfendercinnstickmacrofr.jpg (1/1) [213K]

WOW!!!!! For a moment I was thinking that maybe my monitor is off
colour?*G*
This is hot! You have picked a good one Dr. Tom.
Cheers Wendy
"tbell" wrote in message
.com...

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

al 28-02-2007 01:58 AM

First bloom floof - psfendercinnstickmacrofr.jpg (1/1) [213K]

Very pretty. Last winter I was orchid-sitting and this is one of the plants
that I sat. It is a really nice clone. Big-Big flowers. I bought a flask
of this clone from Hausermann's and so in 6, maybe 7 years I will get to see
it bloom in person again.

"Wendy7" wrote in message
WOW!!!!! For a moment I was thinking that maybe my monitor is off
colour?*G*
This is hot! You have picked a good one Dr. Tom.
Cheers Wendy
"tbell" wrote in message
.com...

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

K Barrett 28-02-2007 02:50 AM

First bloom floof - psfendercinnstickmacrofr.jpg (1/1) [213K]

So that's what that looks like...

K Barrett

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

K Barrett 28-02-2007 02:57 AM

First bloom floof - psfendercinnstickmacrofr.jpg (1/1) [213K]

See the color break on the petal to the left side of the picture (or the
left flower's right petal... now have I truly confused you?) There's a more
pronounced stripe in the midrib and there's a break at the top half of the
petal, near where the dorsal sepal bends over the petal.

Have you used any sort of pesticide - systemic or otherwise - since the bud
started to form? Like in the last 6 months or so? I get that sort of thing
rather frequently and wondered if it was pesticide (which I think it is) or
the heat we had this summer or if it was (gasp) virus. Dennis Olivas says
this sort of thing often is pesticide, but I don't want to delude myself...
So I ask the question. Any pesticide use?

By the way, if you really want to get some kickass plants...well, I'll email
that to you privately...

K Barrett

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

K Barrett 28-02-2007 02:58 AM

First bloom floof - psfendercinnstickmacrofr.jpg (1/1) [213K]

argh! email me and I'll email you. mormodes etc My email address is valid.

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Diana Kulaga 01-03-2007 07:20 PM

First bloom floof - psfendercinnstickmacrofr.jpg (1/1) [213K]

Tom, that's terrific!

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
argh! email me and I'll email you. mormodes etc My email address is
valid.

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...

Tom