GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My orchid of the day. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/154864-my-orchid-day.html)

wendy7 05-03-2007 06:42 AM

My orchid of the day.

1 Attachment(s)
Schomburgkia tibicinis x Cattleya walkeriana

Only one flower this time but to me it's perfect.

Niek Hanckmann 05-03-2007 01:54 PM

My orchid of the day.

Wendy7 schreef:
Schomburgkia tibicinis x Cattleya walkeriana

Only one flower this time but to me it's perfect.

That is a very interesting cross! One of the largest and one of the
smaller of the laeliinae. It is a bit like crossing an ostrich and a
sparrow...
But the result looks nice (a lot of walkeriana). How does the plant look
is it small, medium, large? And the stalks are they long as in
schomburgkia or rather short as with the walkeriana?

Greets, Niek

wendy7 05-03-2007 03:06 PM

My orchid of the day.

Thanks for the interesting inside info Niek, always nice to hear from you.
The plant is of medium size & the spike is quite short.
What I found interesting was the difference between this bloom & the blooms
in 2005.
So much so that I had to check my database to be sure that it wasn't another
plant? There were 3 flowers 2yrs ago,
very frilly like tibicinis with the huge spade lip.
To me this one flower is pretty smooth.
Cheers Wendy

David Edgley 05-03-2007 11:40 PM

My orchid of the day.

VERY exotic.

David

Roy[_2_] 06-03-2007 10:23 PM

My orchid of the day.

Fantastic!!!!

Roy

wendy7 07-03-2007 04:12 AM

My orchid of the day.

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks to you all, here is another shot of the same one, a different angle &
different light.
Cheers Wendy

Diana Kulaga 07-03-2007 03:17 PM

My orchid of the day.

Wow, even better!

Diana

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Thanks to you all, here is another shot of the same one, a different angle
&
different light.
Cheers Wendy