GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cattleya intermedia ? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/154942-cattleya-intermedia.html)

wendy7 07-03-2007 04:24 AM

Cattleya intermedia ?

1 Attachment(s)
C. intermedia var. amethystina 'Aranbeem'
I won this one in an internet auction years ago but I think it should be
blue?

tennis maynard 07-03-2007 06:37 AM

Cattleya intermedia ?

Wendy7 wrote:
C. intermedia var. amethystina 'Aranbeem'
I won this one in an internet auction years ago but I think it should
be blue?

The ID is correct; I have this one, too, got it from H&R a few years
back - and still think it's beautiful!

wendy7 07-03-2007 04:44 PM

Cattleya intermedia ?

Thanks Tennis & Jerry, I can not edit my Data Base as I had a note (should
be blue)
I love it when I can verify & correct the names.
Cheers Wendy

SuE 07-03-2007 05:16 PM

Cattleya intermedia ?

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 08:44:28 -0800, "Wendy7" wrote:

Thanks Tennis & Jerry, I can not edit my Data Base as I had a note (should
be blue)
I love it when I can verify & correct the names.
Cheers Wendy

I have seen people call that tone "blue". You know, 'in the eye of the
beholder' - I agree it is not a shade I would define as blue.

Lovely either way.
SuE

JOHN WHISTLER 09-03-2007 10:40 AM

Cattleya intermedia ?

No the plant looks like it is tagged correctly. The 'Aranbeem' clone
has the nice blush pink in the lip like yours with varying intensity
depending on conditions.
John

wendy7 09-03-2007 03:45 PM

Cattleya intermedia ?

Why thank you John, I shall keep an eye on the tint colour of the lip. Good
to know the tag is authentic.
Cheers Wendy

Wendy7 wrote:
C. intermedia var. amethystina 'Aranbeem'
I won this one in an internet auction years ago but I think it should
be blue?
Newsgroups
=----