GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1] (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/157191-dendrobium-bigibbum-house-full-flower-bigibbum-house-jpg-%5B1-1%5D.html)

Graham Corbin 21-04-2007 01:38 PM

Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1]

For those who haven't seen David Gillingham, here he is (in front)
proudly showing a few orchid club members his orchids at today's bush
house visit. You can see his Dendrobium bigibbums are flowering
spectacularly at the moment.

Graham Corbin

wendy7 21-04-2007 04:39 PM

Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1]

WOW! Good growing.
Love to see the pics of your bush houses.
Thanks & Cheers,
Wendy

. net...

Reka 22-04-2007 08:35 AM

Graham Corbin wrote:
For those who haven't seen David Gillingham, here he is (in front)
proudly showing a few orchid club members his orchids at today's bush
house visit. You can see his Dendrobium bigibbums are flowering
spectacularly at the moment.

Graham Corbin

Since when does David have a bush house??? Day before yesterday he
didn't when we corresponded! Graham, are you teasing poor Dave?? I know
he doesn't have one, but would like to. Whose bush house is it really?

Reka

John Varigos 22-04-2007 11:22 AM

Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1]

Agree Reka. I have been to Dave's place and he didn't show me a bush house.
All his orchids were growing outside, open to the elements ( at least the
ones he showed me!).

Who's house is it Graham?

John

"Reka" wrote in message
. ..

Graham Corbin 22-04-2007 11:28 AM

Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1]

Since when does David have a bush house??? Day before yesterday he
didn't when we corresponded! Graham, are you teasing poor Dave?? I know
he doesn't have one, but would like to. Whose bush house is it really?

Reka

Sprung! Can't fool Reka. I must confess, this was a group effort between
David and myself to see how long we could string along the group, but it
didn't even really get started. David indeed does not even have a bush
house, just shelves.

The truth is that this is indeed a photo of David Gillingham at the
front, but he is just lusting over the magnificent display. The true
owner/grower is Ross Harvey, owner of Cedarvale Orchids, who is the
'Harry Butler' look alike behind David. The people behind Ross are
various members of ANOS KABI enjoying our bush house visit to Cedarvale
Orchids. (Fortunately, I can remain anonymous as I was the
photographer.)

This bush house is a dedicated house just for growing Cooktown orchids
(Dendrobium bigibbum) plus a few other orchids which like similar
conditions. eg. Note the tall canes of Dendrobium discolor on the back
wall above the third persons head. These canes are 5m plus tall. Try
getting that to a show!

The photo shows just one small section of the house and all the Cooktown
orchids are in flower at the moment, truly spectacular. If you ever get
the chance to be in Brisbane in April, make sure you leave a few hours
to check out Cedarvales Cooktown orchids. They are truly spectacular
this time of year.

Sorry about the deception, but David & I thought this was too good an
opportunity to miss giving it a try. As a long time lurker but
relatively new ABPO poster, can I claim David led me astray and get away
with it?

Graham Corbin

Graham Corbin 22-04-2007 12:00 PM

Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1]

Agree Reka. I have been to Dave's place and he didn't show me a bush house.
All his orchids were growing outside, open to the elements ( at least the
ones he showed me!).

Who's house is it Graham?

John

John,
Again, can't fool you.

The true grower Ross, is another lurker on ABPO, so if you have any
comments (apart from regarding my poor attempt at deception), Ross is
watching.

Graham Corbin

P Max 22-04-2007 12:56 PM

Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1]

Excellent shot there! Good to see you Dave! However, it might even be a
better shot without you. Graham, any pure shots of the bigibbum bench
available?
Peter

--
)

Reka 22-04-2007 05:45 PM

Graham Corbin wrote:

Sorry about the deception, but David & I thought this was too good an
opportunity to miss giving it a try. As a long time lurker but
relatively new ABPO poster, can I claim David led me astray and get away
with it?

Graham Corbin

Dave, this is your cue to post a really terrible picture of Graham to
get back at him!!! :-Þ

Reka

Graham Corbin 23-04-2007 01:41 AM

Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1] - bigibbum house 2.JPG [1/1]

Excellent shot there! Good to see you Dave! However, it might even be a
better shot without you. Graham, any pure shots of the bigibbum bench
available?
Peter

Sorry Peter. I didn't take many photos. I didn't expect to be posting
photos other than David's deception photo. The best I have is this one
which shows another part of the house. For Reka's benefit, I don't know
who that daggy person could possibly be in this photo ignoring the 'No
Entry' sign, just some Joe Public I suspect. ;-)

I hope to get back to Cedarvale later in the week so I will try to get
some decent shots of the spectacle to post, or maybe Ross might like to
post a photo himself.

Graham Corbin

Diana Kulaga[_2_] 23-04-2007 01:51 AM

Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1] - bigibbum house 2.JPG [1/1]

Oh, Lord, Graham, I don't care whose bush house it is. It's fabulous! Good
on you for trying to play us. But Dave should know by now that there are too
many people here who keep track!!

Diana

Dave Gillingham 23-04-2007 11:02 AM

Dendrobium bigibbum house in Full Flower - bigibbum house.JPG [1/1]

Thinking of going on a bushwalk with him & Marilyn on Wednesday (Anzac Day).
I'll see what I can do. He has this habit of climbing trees to get closeup
pics. Maybe I can shake one, & get an inverted candid?

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 17:45:20 +0200, Reka wrote:

Graham Corbin wrote:

Sorry about the deception, but David & I thought this was too good an
opportunity to miss giving it a try. As a long time lurker but
relatively new ABPO poster, can I claim David led me astray and get away
with it?

Graham Corbin

Dave, this is your cue to post a really terrible picture of Graham to
get back at him!!! :-Þ

Reka

Dave Gillingham