GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Borneo: Bulbophyllum claptonense - brilliant orange (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/157474-borneo-bulbophyllum-claptonense-brilliant-orange.html)

Eric Hunt[_1_] 25-04-2007 04:31 PM

Borneo: Bulbophyllum claptonense - brilliant orange

1 Attachment(s)
Some consider this a synonym of B. lobbii. This form only grows on Kinabalu
and has a different fragrance than B. lobbii, so I agree it's different.

--
Many more shots from Borneo, including Sunday Markets, rainforest images,
and lots of flowers, plants, bugs at my website.

Enjoy!

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

SuE 25-04-2007 11:25 PM

Borneo: Bulbophyllum claptonense - brilliant orange

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:31:11 -0700, "Eric Hunt"
wrote:

Some consider this a synonym of B. lobbii. This form only grows on Kinabalu
and has a different fragrance than B. lobbii, so I agree it's different.

Marvelously different. Since you say the fragrance is different, what
does it smell like?
SuE

Eric Hunt 26-04-2007 12:11 AM

Borneo: Bulbophyllum claptonense - brilliant orange

Sue,

I didn't smell it - the fragrance report came from Jim Cootes.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

SuE 26-04-2007 08:00 PM

Borneo: Bulbophyllum claptonense - brilliant orange

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:11:31 -0700, Eric Hunt
wrote:

Sue,

I didn't smell it - the fragrance report came from Jim Cootes.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Thanks for the show. Truly a delight.
SuE