Old 02-05-2007, 10:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Calanthe vestita

Calanthe vestita.
This series of pics were photographed at the Orchidwood's nursery, Kuching.
Thanks to Au Yong and his family for their hospitality and assistance around
this special lot of orchids.
I am not definite about the identity of some of these species, so do help
out
where you can.
I hope you see other shots of these same plants when Eric and John take the
podium.
Enjoy

Peter

Attached Thumbnails
Calanthe vestita-calanthe-vestita.jpg

Old 03-05-2007, 03:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

A great shot Peter & thanks ever so much for sharing your wonderful pictures
of your tour.
I am curious about the mountings they used for the Dendrobiums. What are
they made of?
Do you know?
Cheers Wendy

Old 04-05-2007, 11:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

About 600 photos to get through, Wendy. Will post many of these eventually.
Roy/Wendy,
The mountings in the Au Yong nursery were shafts/poles wrapped with coconut
fibre.
Trivia:- if you're familiar with the novel "Orchid Fever" by Eric Hansen,
you will be able to associate this nurseryman and the story / chapter about
pollen theft at an orchid show.

--
)

Old 06-05-2007, 05:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

On Wed, 02 May 2007 21:42:28 GMT, "P Max"
wrote:

Calanthe vestita.
This series of pics were photographed at the Orchidwood's nursery, Kuching.
Thanks to Au Yong and his family for their hospitality and assistance around
this special lot of orchids.
I am not definite about the identity of some of these species, so do help
out
where you can.
I hope you see other shots of these same plants when Eric and John take the
podium.
Enjoy

Peter

A delightful collection. This and the Paras are my favorites.

When are you all going to set up the Tour Company? G We want to join
the group for the next tour? You would make wonderful guides.

SuE
Old 07-05-2007, 08:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Will keep that in mind, Sue. We may be going again in 2008. Borneo is very
rich in orchids and has some of the most spectacular species. John and I are
familiar with some hot spots there. It is very affordable relative to other
destinations.
Peter

--
)
wrote:

[...]

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Calanthe Kozu hybrids Bob Hobden United Kingdom 3 06-02-2014 01:27 PM
Calanthe Rozel v_coerulea Orchid Photos 1 25-03-2008 04:29 PM
Updated- Arundina/Calanthe/Pocoglottis [email protected] Orchids 0 09-11-2006 10:20 AM
Calanthe sedenii Gene Schurg Orchids 1 10-10-2004 01:16 AM
Calanthe sedenii Gene Schurg Orchids 0 10-10-2004 01:14 AM