Old 10-05-2007, 04:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Now OT [skip] Dendrobium cucumerinum x 2

Weird. I had 6 answers with a northern bias and 5 answers with a southern
bias, but I still came out 68% Dixie. The choices on #7 aren't very good
and probably help throw off the results. I also didn't really have a strong
preference on the name of the bug, I've heard and used more than one of
those answers. I moved from the northeast down to Georgia when I was 5 or 6
(hard to remember that far back).
-danny

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Apropos of nothing, and I don't think Aussies can play, but try this for
US regionalisms, *G*. I was 58% Dixie. Why that qualifies as 'barely'
Dixie I'll never know.

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelli...ixie_quiz.html

K Barrett

Old 11-05-2007, 02:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
SuE SuE is offline

On Wed, 9 May 2007 19:42:48 -0700, "Eric Hunt"
wrote:

Dave,

This Google Video clip, while dated, accurately shows the aftereffects of a
good house rolling:

-Eric in SF

I always thought it did not count if the TP did not go all the way
over the house - front to back... But then we were in a ranch style
area not an area with two story homes. Guess I will have to go try
Kath's test. Growing up in WI I should not find a southern bias.
SuE
Old 11-05-2007, 05:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

wrote:

Dave,

This Google Video clip, while dated, accurately shows the aftereffects of a
good house rolling:

-Eric in SF

I must say I am both appalled and shocked at this idea of putting toilet
paper all over someone's yard and home. Wherever did you folks get this
idea? It not only seems incredibly rude, in fact probably criminal, but
highly wasteful as well. Probably could get someone shot as well in
certain areas (including this one).
Old 09-06-2007, 04:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Dendrobium cucumerinum x 2

P Max wrote:
I'm sure the bugs have been eyeing off those succulent roots, Dave. I have a
mealy bug attack at present. The paphs and phals have been particularly
targeted. Have been busy with the scale gun - claims to harm mealy bugs.
Peter

Ummmmm.... Sorry to be a full month late reading this but, what is a
scale gun? Oh sure, I've considered using a shotgun to get rid of scale
once and for all. Who hasn't?

Steve
Old 10-06-2007, 06:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Sorry Steve, local marketing lingo! See link.
Peter
http://www.yates.com.au/Products/Pes...caleGunRTU.asp

--
)

Old 13-06-2007, 05:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Nor any bench of orchids, John!
Rat shot is a choice that some people opt for, Kye. A friend near Ballarat
uses ratshot in his orchid house. He has a rat problem from time to time.
The rats chew into the pseudobulbs and munch the developing tender spikes /
flowers.
Peter

--
)
om...

Old 13-06-2007, 10:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hmmm! A cousin of mine on a farm up north has a ground level covered patio on
his house. His wife has garden beds just outside the patio. Bandicoots were
getting into her gardens at night & uprooting plants, so he sat on the patio one
night with his 12g shotgun. Got the bandicoot all right. Bits of it
backscattered all over the patio & the ceiling over it. Says it took ages to
clean up, & wife demanded future bandicoots be trapped, not shot.

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 04:19:51 GMT, "P Max" wrote:

Nor any bench of orchids, John!
Rat shot is a choice that some people opt for, Kye. A friend near Ballarat
uses ratshot in his orchid house. He has a rat problem from time to time.
The rats chew into the pseudobulbs and munch the developing tender spikes /
flowers.
Peter

Dave Gillingham
Old 13-06-2007, 02:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

Bandicoots or possums Dave???

--

Yours Sincerely
Kye

wrote:

Nor any bench of orchids, John!
Rat shot is a choice that some people opt for, Kye. A friend near Ballarat
uses ratshot in his orchid house. He has a rat problem from time to time.
The rats chew into the pseudobulbs and munch the developing tender spikes
/
flowers.
Peter

Dave Gillingham

Old 13-06-2007, 02:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Couldn't possibly be possums (could it?) - they are protected in OZ!

"Kye" wrote in message
news
Bandicoots or possums Dave???

--

Yours Sincerely
Kye

Old 13-06-2007, 04:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

In that case it must have been bandicoots or those creatures that live in
waterholes (and now in the tanks thanks to the drought) ... starts with a B
..... Old age is defeating the memory here ....

--

Yours
Kye Tanson

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Couldn't possibly be possums (could it?) - they are protected in OZ!

"Kye" wrote in message
news
Bandicoots or possums Dave???

--

Yours Sincerely
Kye

Old 14-06-2007, 06:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

BUNYIPS!!!

I knew that I'd get it eventually...

--

Yours Sincerely
Kye

"Kye" wrote in message
In that case it must have been bandicoots or those creatures that live in
waterholes (and now in the tanks thanks to the drought) ... starts with a
B .... Old age is defeating the memory here ....

--

Yours
Kye Tanson
---
Webmaster
www.hardenhoney.com
www.hardenhoney.com.au

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Couldn't possibly be possums (could it?) - they are protected in OZ!

"Kye" wrote in message
news
Bandicoots or possums Dave???

--

Yours Sincerely
Kye

wrote:

Nor any bench of orchids, John!
Rat shot is a choice that some people opt for, Kye. A friend near
Ballarat
uses ratshot in his orchid house. He has a rat problem from time to
time.
The rats chew into the pseudobulbs and munch the developing tender
spikes /
flowers.
Peter
Dave Gillingham

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Dendrobium Judith - Dendrobium Judith-a.jpg joevan[_3_] Garden Photos 1 11-03-2013 01:42 PM
Dendrobium monophyllum - cute small yellow dendrobium Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 3 03-01-2007 08:59 AM
Dendrobium johannis - lovely rich brown antelope dendrobium Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 2 02-01-2007 06:26 AM
What is a Dendrobium? Andrew Orchids 18 14-02-2003 03:39 AM
Dendrobium himezakura sanokku Ted Byers Orchids 10 10-02-2003 05:26 PM