GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lecanorchis multiflora X 3 myco-heterotrophic growth (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/158883-lecanorchis-multiflora-x-3-myco-heterotrophic-growth.html)

P Max 21-05-2007 06:55 AM

Lecanorchis multiflora X 3 myco-heterotrophic growth

3 Attachment(s)
Lecanorchis multiflora 1 myco-heterotrophic growth.
John V. found this growing by our feet, at the base of a large limestone
cliff face as the rest of our group were glaring up at the paph
sanderianums.
Peter

http://plantbio.berkeley.edu/~bruns/text/lt3.html
--
Peter

P Max 24-05-2007 12:01 PM

Lecanorchis multiflora X 3 myco-heterotrophic growth

It has an interesting cotton ball lip, Diana.
We scratched our heads and thought we may have had not only a new species,
but genus also ( perhaps Varigosus Johanii). Then Peter O'Byrne (Orchid
Guide Digest) dashed our hopes, as he id'd it and pointed out how widespread
it was.
Peter

--
)