GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cypripedium kentuckiense (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/159434-cypripedium-kentuckiense.html)

Ray B 31-05-2007 10:00 PM

Cypripedium kentuckiense

1 Attachment(s)
I was traveling on business to northeastern OH, and decided to drop in on
Wayne Roberts. This was in his yard...

unknown[_1_] 04-06-2007 12:09 AM

Cypripedium kentuckiense

In article UHG7i.3805$J76.6@trndny03, "Ray B"
wrote:

I was traveling on business to northeastern OH, and decided to drop in on
Wayne Roberts. This was in his yard...

wild or planted? either way, me want. :)

--j_a

Ray B 04-06-2007 10:30 AM

Cypripedium kentuckiense

Planted (near the house so he can keep an eye out for "poachers"). Several
clumps were stolen right from there in the past. Now he has a camera on the
patch.

Wayne has gotten reasonably proficient at culturing cyps - he had a whole
slew of flasks awaiting potting up - and claims that some are downright easy
to grow once they make it past that stage.