Old 13-06-2007, 01:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Cymbidium goeringii

A lovely small cymbidium from China through Japan and Korea which is
extremely difficult to grow in cultivation.
~John

Attached Thumbnails
Cymbidium goeringii-cymbidium-goeringii.jpg
Old 14-06-2007, 10:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

It is? I haven't found that to be the case at all.

I have several in s/h culture being mistreated the same as my other Chinese
cymbs.

om...

Old 14-06-2007, 12:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Ray, that was the consensus at the meeting and having never tried to grow
one myself went with the flow. Seems you have hit on the right formula. Do
you have any photos you can post of these growing under your conditions?

John

Old 15-06-2007, 03:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

John,

Interesting - these guys can be grown as houseplants here in the States - a
bright windowsill and a tall Chinese Cym pot are usually all it takes.

They're usually grown for foliage, so blooms aren't as important, but they
will bloom.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org