GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Malaxis latifolia (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/160358-malaxis-latifolia.html)

Niek Hanckmann 19-06-2007 06:13 PM

Malaxis latifolia

2 Attachment(s)
Then the next one is this Malaxis latifolia, a warm growing terrestial.
I had a specimen plant with three really huge bulbs (40cm high, 6 cm
thick). That plant just has disappeared from the greenhouse. One day it
hust wasn't there anymore. I wonder what kind of pestilant animal that
might have been and how to repel them! Luckily I had a few small keiki
bulbs in a pot. The first one is giving flowers this year.
Very small flowers, but an adult plant can carry more then thousend
flowers on one spike!

wendy7 20-06-2007 05:06 AM

Malaxis latifolia

Well Niek, looks like you are going to have to put in a camera or lock up
your greenhouse.
Thanks for the great sent of plant pictures.
Cheers Wendy