Old 29-06-2007, 04:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Paph. Sander's Pride

I'd have taken a picture of the long petals, but they are way down in teh
plant - or perhaps I should say the inflorescence is aboout 9-10 inches
tall. Too much light? Probably. 3 flowers, but I need to water the paphs
more.

K Barrett

Attached Thumbnails
Paph. Sander's Pride-dsc00006.jpg
Old 02-07-2007, 03:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Nice. Does your tag have the parents? My plant (which I still haven't
bloomed, even though I bought it blooming size years ago) used the 'Ruth
Kennedy' parent that isn't stonei anymore, so it's actually a different
cross now. Based on the colors I'd guess yours might have used a real
stonei?
-danny

. ..

Old 02-07-2007, 07:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Yeah, I think that's what I have down too. I'm really looking forward to
the flowers now, probably need to give it more light.
-danny

. ..

Old 04-07-2007, 07:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

In case you wondered the article separating platyphyllum from stonei is
in Orchid Digest vol 67 #3 or July/Aug/Sept 2003 pg 152. says
platyphyllum is a more compact plant, so maybe the short inflorescence
is OK (??) and the golden color is OK too.

K Barrett

danny wrote:
Yeah, I think that's what I have down too. I'm really looking forward to
the flowers now, probably need to give it more light.
-danny

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Its now platyphyllum and the cross is Fumimasa Sugiyama. Too bad,
Sander's Pride was such a better name.

K]

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

B David Sander 'Hapbrook' x3 v_coerulea Orchid Photos 0 18-04-2008 12:02 AM
Sander's List jtill Orchids 3 09-07-2006 05:10 PM
Leaning Youpon Holly "Pride of Houston" Brian Clifton Texas 1 05-04-2003 12:11 PM
Leaning Youpon Holly "Pride of Houston" Brian Clifton Texas 1 21-03-2003 02:56 AM
Transplanting Pride of India Maryanne Gardening 0 13-02-2003 03:55 AM