Old 07-07-2007, 04:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default What are you doing? from RGO

Photos of the new pups (see RGO)
~John

Attached Thumbnails
Re: What are you doing? from RGO-2007-07-04-11-55-31_0003.jpg   Re: What are you doing? from RGO-2007-07-05-21-54-15_0006.jpg   Re: What are you doing? from RGO-2007-07-05-22-02-27_0007.jpg   Re: What are you doing? from RGO-2007-07-03-05-22-04_0024.jpg
Old 07-07-2007, 04:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

They're so sweet!! What cuties!! You just want to squeeze them! (Hmmm,
maybe there's a bit of serial killer in me...isn't that the way they start?
Never mind, I've been reading too many murder mysteries. Harry Potter 7
can't come soon enough to save my weird brain from itself)

K Barrett

om...

Old 07-07-2007, 07:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

It took the puppy pictures reference over at rgo to get me here, LOL! Been
so busy, yet nothing seems to be finished.

John, they are utterly huggable! Baci is a beautiful girl. I love Labs. We
don't have a dog now, but Labs were *my dogs*. Congrats, proud papa!

Diana

Old 07-07-2007, 10:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
al al is offline

Cute puppies. Mom does not look much worse for the wear, but what a horror
story!

I worked in a kennel when I was a teenager. The owner bred Gordon Setters.
His priced female gave birth to a litter of 13 and then promptly developed
an infection which required an antibiotic that made her milk unsuitable, so
the owner showed me how to feed and care for them and handed the whole
litter over to me in a box to keep with me day and night and I took care of
them round the clock from like day 2 of their lives. I do remember loosing
at least one and how they all told me it was to be expected because there
were so many.... and I also remember what is was like to have the whole
litter follow me everywhere from the time they could walk because they
thought I was their mom. Then the owner took them all away and sold them.
(That's how cereal killer are made. Just keep from Captain Crunch and Count
Chocula and everything should be fine.)

Old 08-07-2007, 01:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Al, yours is the nightmare. 13 pups!! I am having enough to do with 6.
Can't imagine what 13 would be like.

I like the cereal killer reference - very funny.
~John

Old 08-07-2007, 03:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

John Varigos wrote:
Al, yours is the nightmare. 13 pups!! I am having enough to do with 6.
Can't imagine what 13 would be like.

A pregnant dog I fostered a few years back had 18 - I had thought she
had been ready to whelp for two weeks at least she was so huge ( I
didn't acquire her til then, when she was discovered at the nearby park
by the conservatory staff too weak from hunger and dehydration on a 95
degree summer day to crawl 20 feet to water), but it turned out she just
had waaay too many puppies in her. One's lungs weren't developed and it
passed away the next night but Bambi (What I called her for she looked
like a little deer and she was a little dear) and I got the rest all
healthy and fatttened up til about ten weeks old when a great local dog
rescue group found homes for ALL of the pups and shortly thereafter,
Bambi, too (whom I would have kept except for the fact that my baby
girl, a shar-pei named TiPring, would not tolerate other females as she
had been repeatedly attacked by others when younger). It was a lot of
work but a lot of fun. I loved just sitting on the kitchen floor with my
back propped against a cabinet and letting them crawl all over me. I do
love puppies!

Old 08-07-2007, 05:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Answering myself, the record AFAIK set by a mastiff, which it doesn't sound
like Bambi was one...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/4191203.stm

Old 08-07-2007, 05:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

K Barrett wrote:

They're so sweet!! What cuties!! You just want to squeeze them! (Hmmm,
maybe there's a bit of serial killer in me...isn't that the way they start?
Never mind, I've been reading too many murder mysteries. Harry Potter 7
can't come soon enough to save my weird brain from itself)...............

So reading Harry Potter brings your brain back to normal.... Hummm....
very interesting. ;-)

Old 08-07-2007, 06:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Lovely puppies, John. Congratulations to Mum & Grandpa.

Ann took one look at your pics & went all clucky. If you've given her ideas,
you're in real trouble ;-)

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 01:23:00 +1000, "John Varigos"
wrote:

Photos of the new pups (see RGO)
~John

Dave Gillingham
Old 08-07-2007, 06:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Kathy, ifyou like Harry Potter, have you tried David Eddings? His earlier ones
were the best - "The Belgariad" (5 volumes); "The Malloreon" (5 volumes); "The
Elenium" (3 volumes); "The Tamuli (3 volumes).

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007 08:46:38 -0700, "K Barrett" wrote:

They're so sweet!! What cuties!! You just want to squeeze them! (Hmmm,
maybe there's a bit of serial killer in me...isn't that the way they start?
Never mind, I've been reading too many murder mysteries. Harry Potter 7
can't come soon enough to save my weird brain from itself)

K Barrett

. com...

Old 08-07-2007, 03:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Just as there's always room for another dog, there's always room for a book
recommendation. I've jotted Eddings name down! Thanks!

wrote:

They're so sweet!! What cuties!! You just want to squeeze them! (Hmmm,
maybe there's a bit of serial killer in me...isn't that the way they
start?
Never mind, I've been reading too many murder mysteries. Harry Potter 7
can't come soon enough to save my weird brain from itself)

K Barrett

"John Varigos" wrote in message
.com...
Photos of the new pups (see RGO)
~John

Dave Gillingham

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

rgo archive search 101 J Fortuna Orchids 10 01-02-2004 11:14 PM
rgo history? 10 years! Rob Halgren Orchids 8 27-01-2004 10:47 PM
RGO going down the drain? Reka Orchids 46 18-01-2004 08:12 AM
RGO going down the drain? Reka Orchids 1 06-01-2004 05:47 PM
RGO going down the drain? Reka Orchids 3 06-01-2004 05:45 PM