Old 11-07-2007, 03:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Diuris furiosa

Apparently this is a newly described species grown by Helen Richards. I
don't know anything about it as a Google search drew a blank and it is not
mentioned in Jones's book. Anyone know anything about this species?
~John

Attached Thumbnails
Diuris furiosa-diuris-furiosa.jpg
Old 13-07-2007, 01:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

John, given your comments, I didn't bother to check my books. But, checking all
the more arcane references discovered during the work on my cross-index to Jones
(2006), I found no reference to anything that looked remotely like "Diuris
furiosa". Anything in the "Orchadian"? I don't have that.

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:08:14 +1000, "John Varigos"
wrote:

Apparently this is a newly described species grown by Helen Richards. I
don't know anything about it as a Google search drew a blank and it is not
mentioned in Jones's book. Anyone know anything about this species?
~John

Dave Gillingham
Old 13-07-2007, 09:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Helen Richards grew this one so I have sent her an e-mail asking for more
details. I will also check the Australian Orchid Foundation "Orchid
Research" books and my copies of Orchadian as well.

I'm sure I got the name right as I photographed Helen's label.

Old 13-07-2007, 02:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Name should be Diuris fucosa. According to Helen D. fucosa is known from
only 2 localities in NSW, the type being from near Lake Urana.
~John

om...

wrote:

Apparently this is a newly described species grown by Helen Richards. I
don't know anything about it as a Google search drew a blank and it is
not
mentioned in Jones's book. Anyone know anything about this species?
~John

Dave Gillingham

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Purple Diuris #1 AusDigi Orchid Photos 0 08-11-2007 07:59 AM
Diuris brumalis John Varigos Orchid Photos 1 05-08-2007 08:14 PM
Diuris pardina John Varigos Orchid Photos 1 13-07-2007 07:28 PM
Diuris daltonii and breeding flies P Max Orchid Photos 1 31-12-2006 04:22 AM
Diuris daltonii P Max Orchid Photos 0 30-12-2006 12:36 PM