Old 16-07-2007, 12:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Ants in my Orchids

I live in the Orlando, Florida area and have a number of assorted
Orchid plants hanging in a large Magnolia tree in my back yard. All of
my orchids are thriving in this climate. In a typical year, there are
4 or 5 nights when it is cold enough to warrant bringing the orchids
inside.

My problem is that ants have gotten into some of the orchids.
Apparently, they like the moist growing media. Is there anything I can
use to get rid of the ants (and keep them away) that would be safe for
the orchids? I don't want to take a chance of damaging the orchids. I
would rather have them with the ants than not have them at all.

I am hoping that there is some sort of granulated product that would
have some staying power yet not put the orchid plants themselves at
risk.

In advance, I appreciate any help.

HJ

Rate This Thread: