GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   True Blue Orchid (Cleisocentron merillianum) (0/1) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/161988-true-blue-orchid-cleisocentron-merillianum-0-1-a.html)

Larry Dighera 20-07-2007 09:32 PM

True Blue Orchid (Cleisocentron merillianum) (0/1)

At last weeks Santa Barbara Orchid Fair, Andy's Orchids had several
Cleisocentron merillianum plants for sale. I was astounded to see the
true blue color of this orchid. I don't see this species listed on
their web site, so it must be new or rare.

There's a far better photograph he
http://www.orchideen-bilder.de/tropi...rillianum.html

Eric Hunt[_1_] 21-07-2007 04:57 AM

True Blue Orchid (Cleisocentron merillianum) (0/1)

Larry,

It's really a stunning species, don't you think? It's a little on the new
side. I first saw it a couple years ago:

http://www.orchidphotos.org/images/o...anum1_107.html

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

Larry Dighera 21-07-2007 10:09 AM

True Blue Orchid (Cleisocentron merillianum) (0/1)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:57:14 -0700, "Eric Hunt"
wrote in :

It's really a stunning species, don't you think? It's a little on the new
side. I first saw it a couple years ago:

http://www.orchidphotos.org/images/o...anum1_107.html

Yes, it is unique for its color. Your photo is stunning. Many
thanks.