Old 31-07-2007, 10:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Phal species ID Please

This is the first flower from a keiki someone gave me a couple of years
ago.All i know is it is a species.Could it be Phalaenopsis lueddemanniana .

thanks keith

Attached Thumbnails
Phal species ID Please-picture-036.jpg
Old 01-08-2007, 12:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

The lip is diagnostic in these, and a lueddemanniana tends to have short
bristles near the end of the lip, which I do not see in your photo.

"Keith Kent" wrote in message
news
This is the first flower from a keiki someone gave me a couple of years
ago.All i know is it is a species.Could it be Phalaenopsis lueddemanniana
.

thanks keith

Old 01-08-2007, 10:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi Ray,the lip has white hairs you can just see some in the picture,the lip
rises with a bump which has the hairs on.
Thanks keith

"Ray B" wrote in message
The lip is diagnostic in these, and a lueddemanniana tends to have short
bristles near the end of the lip, which I do not see in your photo.

"Keith Kent" wrote in message
news
This is the first flower from a keiki someone gave me a couple of years
ago.All i know is it is a species.Could it be Phalaenopsis lueddemanniana
.

thanks keith

Rate This Thread: