Old 05-08-2007, 07:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Show Pic 2 - Completely unsure

Couldn't get to the show tag for a photo id, but the owner's tag apparently
says: ?eocauchia pulchella. Again, I couldn't find a match in Orchid Wiz.

Suggestions? Or am I just having an alzheimers day in my use of Orchid Wiz?
Dave Gillingham

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Another unsure.jpg (118.8 KB, 70 views)
Old 05-08-2007, 07:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi Dave

I believe this is Isabelia pulchella (syn Neolauchea pulchella). My plant
of this species has just finished flowering.

Cheers

John

Old 05-08-2007, 07:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Don't think so Kye. Virginalis has white flowers and "a basket-like weave
of fibers covering the clustered, ovoid-globose pseudobulbs" (ref Jay Pfahl)
This photo has neither.
John

"Kye" wrote in message
Isabellia virginalis???

Kye.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
Kye Kye is offline

Do I get any points for the Genus...

Kye.

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Don't think so Kye. Virginalis has white flowers and "a basket-like weave
of fibers covering the clustered, ovoid-globose pseudobulbs" (ref Jay
Pfahl) This photo has neither.
John

"Kye" wrote in message
Isabellia virginalis???

Kye.

Old 05-08-2007, 03:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Yep, here's a close-up of a flower on my plant

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Hi Dave

I believe this is Isabelia pulchella (syn Neolauchea pulchella). My plant
of this species has just finished flowering.

Cheers

John

"Dave Gillingham" wrote in message
Couldn't get to the show tag for a photo id, but the owner's tag
apparently
says: ?eocauchia pulchella. Again, I couldn't find a match in Orchid
Wiz.

Suggestions? Or am I just having an alzheimers day in my use of Orchid
Wiz?
Dave Gillingham

Attached Thumbnails
Show Pic 2 - Completely unsure-neolauchea_pulchella.jpg
Old 06-08-2007, 11:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Ray, the blooms on the two plants look rather different. Intra-species
variation? I wish I had been more careful with my id photos.