Old 06-08-2007, 05:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Den. New Horizon x Undulatum

Dendrobium New Horizon x Den. Undulatum

This one was given to me years ago & it was huge, I repotted maybe even over
potted &
the tall canes shrivelled & lost their leaves.
I kept the plant hanging in a corner gave it less water, it then keiki'd
like crazy.
This is the result from one of the keiki's.

Come to find out that the person who gave it to me never bloomed it. Now
he
wants some keiki's *G*
Cheers Wendy

Attached Thumbnails
Den. New Horizon x Undulatum-den-newhorizon-213-01171.jpg
Old 06-08-2007, 08:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hi, Wendy,

The size of the plant may come from the undulatum, which is a syn. or
variant of discolor. You might remember a picture I posted of ours; Frank
was standing next to it, and the spikes were way taller than his 6'3". And
it does throw off babies like crazy. Likes a winter dry rest.

Diana

Old 06-08-2007, 10:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Aah yes, I remember it & yes I think mine got some winter rain & rotted to
the nines!
Thanks for the tip.
Cheers Wendy

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Dendrobium New Horizon x Den. Undulatum

This one was given to me years ago & it was huge, I repotted maybe even
over
potted &
the tall canes shrivelled & lost their leaves.
I kept the plant hanging in a corner gave it less water, it then keiki'd
like crazy.
This is the result from one of the keiki's.

Come to find out that the person who gave it to me never bloomed it.
Now
he
wants some keiki's *G*
Cheers Wendy