GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dendrobium gracilicaule (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/163581-dendrobium-gracilicaule.html)

Dave Gillingham 21-08-2007 11:00 AM

Dendrobium gracilicaule

1 Attachment(s)
It has been a bit quiet here lately so, although I've posted some of the
following in previous years, here they are again.

D gracilicaule is widespread in rainforest and open forest - usually at elevated
altitudes - from north of Sydney in NSW almost to Cooktown in Queensland. I've
seen plants in the wild with pseudobulbs over 2' (60 cm) long, with the plant
itself over 1' in diameter. Even though the individual flowers are small, a
large plant makes a nice display in full bloom.

All the colour is on the outside of the sepals - cream blotched with red. Inside
is plain cream. The cream can darken to yellow with some plants.
Dave Gillingham