Old 23-08-2007, 07:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Angraecum eburneum

Angraecum eburneum
Attached Thumbnails
Angraecum eburneum-angraecum-eburneum-273-1.jpg
Old 26-08-2007, 12:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Beautiful, Wendy. What do you do with yours? We have a huge one, but it is a
sporadic bloomer. Actually, it wouldn't bloom at all until I moved it out to
the Vanda area a few years ago. Then it came out with multiple spikes, just
gorgeous. But for the last two years, nothing but big new growths.

I have read that they don't like to be repotted until they've bloomed. This
one really needed it, so we gave it a new pot/media right after the big
bloom. I wonder if these are so recalcitrant that they just hate having
their roots disturbed.

Diana

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Angraecum eburneum

Old 26-08-2007, 03:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Interestingly, I had sprayed the heck out of two plants both in wood slat
baskets. Yes the had
the dreaded Mealies! I took them out of the greenhouse to treat them & when
I put them
back I hung them down low under the bench level, much lower light & this is
the best they
have bloomed for me?
They get the same treatment as all the other children. Intermediate
conditions, water twice a week
in summer, 1/4 strength GroMor with a flush every so often.
Cheers Wendy
"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Beautiful, Wendy. What do you do with yours? We have a huge one, but it is
a sporadic bloomer. Actually, it wouldn't bloom at all until I moved it
out to the Vanda area a few years ago. Then it came out with multiple
spikes, just gorgeous. But for the last two years, nothing but big new
growths.

I have read that they don't like to be repotted until they've bloomed.
This one really needed it, so we gave it a new pot/media right after the
big bloom. I wonder if these are so recalcitrant that they just hate
having their roots disturbed.

Diana

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Angraecum eburneum

Old 26-08-2007, 04:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Well, I went back through my books becasue I thought there was a distinct
rest required... but I was wrong. Just about everyone says these are
intermediate to warm growers, like light but will turn yellow in too much
sun (Hillerman says Cattleya light), like evenly moist basket conditions or
other open medium. Supposedly they'll grow well outdoors in Puerto Rico,
Hawaii and warmer (tropical) areas of Florida. Supposedly they flower in
the winter. Maybe those great new growths will flower this year?

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
.. .
Beautiful, Wendy. What do you do with yours? We have a huge one, but it is
a sporadic bloomer. Actually, it wouldn't bloom at all until I moved it
out to the Vanda area a few years ago. Then it came out with multiple
spikes, just gorgeous. But for the last two years, nothing but big new
growths.

I have read that they don't like to be repotted until they've bloomed.
This one really needed it, so we gave it a new pot/media right after the
big bloom. I wonder if these are so recalcitrant that they just hate
having their roots disturbed.

Diana

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Angraecum eburneum

Old 26-08-2007, 08:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Hopefully, it will throw out some spikes. I think it likes where it is;
leaves are a medium green. It's on the end of the Vanda area where the Catts
begin, so I think the light is just right.

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
[...]

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Angraecum eburneum

Old 26-08-2007, 09:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Angraecum eburneum - Name Error Attn:- Diana

I was taking more photographs today & discovered that I have made an error.
Not Angraecum eburneum but
good old faithful Longiscott.
Now I have bloomed my eburneum in the past, had it much warmer & higher
light. Also it has a short
doo dah? Sadly another one that got scale.
Cheers Wendy

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Angraecum eburneum

Old 27-08-2007, 12:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Right you are. It's Longiscott. That's what happens when one doesn't look
closely. I have both, but the one that I have been discussing is eburneum.
BTW, Longiscott has been a scale magnet for me in the past, though it's been
a while and seems okay now.

Diana

"Wendy7" wrote in message
I was taking more photographs today & discovered that I have made an error.
Not Angraecum eburneum but
good old faithful Longiscott.
Now I have bloomed my eburneum in the past, had it much warmer & higher
light. Also it has a short
doo dah? Sadly another one that got scale.
Cheers Wendy

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Angraecum eburneum

Rate This Thread: