GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Dendrobium x suffusum (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/164802-dendrobium-x-suffusum.html)

Dave Gillingham 13-09-2007 11:02 AM

Dendrobium x suffusum

1 Attachment(s)
The books describe suffusum as a "rare natural hybrid between D gracilicaule and
D kingianum". But I guess it's still x suffusum if made by a hybridizer,
because they're not at all uncommon in the societies & at shows.

You can see the gracilicaule influence in growth habit and in the spotted
colouration on the outside of the sepals. Kingianum shows in the floral
colouring (gracilicaule is uniformly cream on the inside of the tepals), the
lip, & the beautiful perfume.
Dave Gillingham