Old 17-10-2007, 01:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Well, the capsule ripened...

....and has been sent for culturing. Assuming some viability, what name
might we come up with for this berkeleyara?

Attached Thumbnails
Well, the capsule ripened...-berkeleyara-slc-octoberfext-x-psh-cochleata-.jpg
Old 17-10-2007, 03:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I thought possibly "Golden Shell" again assuming it would be yellow and some
cockleshell features of the Prosthechea.

"tenman" wrote in message
Ray B wrote:
...and has been sent for culturing. Assuming some viability, what name
might we come up with for this berkeleyara?

Well, I first thought, 'Yellow Octopus', but then I remembered the old
Beatles tune. How about 'Yellow Submarine'? (Some of 'em gotta be yellow,
right?)

Old 17-10-2007, 03:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Ray B wrote:
...and has been sent for culturing. Assuming some viability, what name
might we come up with for this berkeleyara?

Well lawrencianum is already taken. How about Quark?

K Brrett
Old 17-10-2007, 04:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Golden Shell
Cheers Wendy

Old 17-10-2007, 11:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

If some of the progeny keep the gold colour & the slender petals & sepals, how
about "Goldfingers"?

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 23:38:02 GMT, "Ray B" wrote:

...and has been sent for culturing. Assuming some viability, what name
might we come up with for this berkeleyara?

Dave Gillingham

Old 17-10-2007, 11:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Lawrencianum, Kath????

Considering the Slc is the "mom", there probably would be a lot of yellows,
but I speculate the shape might vary all over the map, from skinny, twisted
segment catts to yellow cochleatas. It was a fairly nice capsule, but no
point in counting chickens yet...

Old 18-10-2007, 09:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:38:02 -0700, Ray B wrote
(in article uXbRi.1115$HU1.719@trndny07):

...and has been sent for culturing. Assuming some viability, what name
might we come up with for this berkeleyara?

Copper Squid?

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Old 19-10-2007, 11:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

If it was a Paph sanderianum that went from flask to bloom in 5 years,
maybe...

That "squid" thing Tom mentioned is something to think about, but we're
years from that, if at all.

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
Golden Parachute, and may it be yours, Ray!

Diana

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...
On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:38:02 -0700, Ray B wrote
(in article uXbRi.1115$HU1.719@trndny07):

...and has been sent for culturing. Assuming some viability, what name
might we come up with for this berkeleyara?

Copper Squid?

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200