Old 27-10-2007, 05:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Ping Dave Gillingham re speciosum

Hi Dave, have you still got your picture of Den speciosum on a rock face?
(I think it was you that showed the plant) You made comment that the
species reacted better to air movement..... or am I misremembering??

K Barrett

Old 28-10-2007, 09:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Kath,

Yes, they love air movement - rock faces, or high in trees depending on the
variety. I'll have to dredge through my dvds to check on photos. Hold the
line, but don't hold your breath! While I'm dredging, Graham Corbin may also
have some appropriate pics. C'mon Graham, I know you're out there.

But, having acknowledged their preference for good air movement, most growers
have to make do with shadehouses & fans - & are quite successful.

On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 09:15:06 -0700, "K Barrett" wrote:

Hi Dave, have you still got your picture of Den speciosum on a rock face?
(I think it was you that showed the plant) You made comment that the
species reacted better to air movement..... or am I misremembering??

K Barrett

Dave Gillingham
Old 28-10-2007, 01:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Ping Dave Gillingham re speciosum - Dendrobium speciosum subsp. hillii 1.JPG [1/1]

The photos I have of Dendrobium speciosum on rock faces aren't in
flower. Incase this will suffice, here is one.

Graham Corbin

Old 28-10-2007, 01:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Ping Dave Gillingham re speciosum - Dendrobium speciosum subsp. hillii 2.JPG [1/1]

Incase you just want a Dendrobium speciosum in flower, here is a
reasonable size one in a tree. It is not a rock face, but it still gets
plenty of air movement.

Old 28-10-2007, 11:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Thank you Graham and David, I knew you'd come through for me. Quite a bit
of leaf litter in the rock face one. More than I'd expected. Its always
nice to see how these thinbgs actually grow in nature.

wrote:

Hi Dave, have you still got your picture of Den speciosum on a rock
face?
(I think it was you that showed the plant) You made comment that the
species reacted better to air movement..... or am I misremembering??

K Barrett

Dave Gillingham

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

PING Rest of Swansea Bay Team (Dave and Bill) - Pyle Garden Centre Jake United Kingdom 3 28-03-2012 04:34 PM
Ping Dave Hill Spider[_3_] United Kingdom 2 17-11-2011 01:07 PM
Ping Dave Gillingham Kye Orchids 0 11-01-2006 01:15 PM
PING Dave Wilson BenignVanilla Ponds 1 23-08-2003 03:13 AM