Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-11-2007, 09:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Sclerosis

As we know orchids like nice clean water. Water districts send out annual
reports, ours state the water around here ain't bad. So why can't I grow
orchids better? I kept thinking it was the water quality, and almost put in
a reverse osmosis system. Those of you with long memories know that I just
can't stomach the waste water these generate. I've xeriscaped my yard so no
need for watering there either.

To make a long story short water pressure in my house really started to
suck, so I tackled a plumber I could trade services with. Today he opened
up some walls and here's what we find.

Small wonder the water was pinkish when a pot is filled for boiling
spaghetti. Small wonder orchid roots burn. Consider the source. Or at
least the pathway from the source to my orchids.... John G. Talpa will
spin!

K Barrett

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00065.JPG
Views:	448
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	7522   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00066.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	7523