GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Slc. Jeweler's Art 'Waimao Plum' - slcjewelersartwaimaoplumjpg (1/1) [115K] (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/167784-slc-jewelers-art-waimao-plum-slcjewelersartwaimaoplumjpg-1-1-%5B115k%5D.html)

tbell 05-12-2007 09:35 PM

Slc. Jeweler's Art 'Waimao Plum' - slcjewelersartwaimaoplumjpg (1/1) [115K]

Fantastic, musky fragrance.
And yes, the petal color is different on the two large inflorescences.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

tbell 07-12-2007 03:09 AM

Slc. Jeweler's Art 'Waimao Plum' - slcjewelersartwaimaoplumjpg (1/1) [115K]

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 19:19:31 -0800, tenman wrote
(in article ):

tbell wrote:
Fantastic, musky fragrance.
And yes, the petal color is different on the two large inflorescences.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

The peach half is fantastic! If you're certain it is in fact one plant,
why do you think you got the color differential? Light? Temps?

I just don't know, Tennis. It's been growing in my small GH for years, with
pretty diffused light and the usual wild swings of inland CA temperatures,
and I don't recall this happening before. For some reason, this year all
three inflorescences look as if they're straining to get out of the pot.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

K Barrett 07-12-2007 04:15 AM

Slc. Jeweler's Art 'Waimao Plum' - slcjewelersartwaimaoplumjpg (1/1) [115K]

.com...

tbell wrote:
Fantastic, musky fragrance.
And yes, the petal color is different on the two large inflorescences.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

The peach half is fantastic! If you're certain it is in fact one plant,
why do you think you got the color differential? Light? Temps?

I just don't know, Tennis. It's been growing in my small GH for years,
with
pretty diffused light and the usual wild swings of inland CA temperatures,
and I don't recall this happening before. For some reason, this year all
three inflorescences look as if they're straining to get out of the pot.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

I've heard these called chimaeras however I think whoever told me that used
the word wrong. If you google it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_%28plant%29 the definition for
chimaera that hasn't much to do with what Tom's plant is doing. All I know
is that these changes aren't stable (like pelorism or another true genetic
change). I don't know why they occur.

K Barrett

wendy7 07-12-2007 06:21 AM

Slc. Jeweler's Art 'Waimao Plum' - slcjewelersartwaimaoplumjpg (1/1) [115K]

This one really is an art Tom, love the colours & it looks like the flowers
have three doo-hickies, the thing where the pollen lives?
Cheers Wendy
.com...

Diana Kulaga[_3_] 07-12-2007 08:48 PM

Slc. Jeweler's Art 'Waimao Plum' - slcjewelersartwaimaoplumjpg (1/1) [115K]

Beautiful! It gives me new hope that ours will someday bloom, LOL. Frank
picked it up as a seedling, and just today I looked at it and thought it
just might be ready.

Diana

tbell 08-12-2007 02:47 AM

Slc. Jeweler's Art 'Waimao Plum' - slcjewelersartwaimaoplumjpg (1/1) [115K]

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 22:21:10 -0800, Wendy7 wrote
(in article ):

"tbell" wrote in message
.com...
Fantastic, musky fragrance.
And yes, the petal color is different on the two large inflorescences.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Indeed they do, and that has made me scratch my head a little.

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200