Old 15-12-2007, 06:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

Default Blc George King two forms

Was Blc. Now Rsc. George King. There are 2 color forms these days. The
usual one is 'Serendipity' the larger pink form on the right. The smaller
yellow one on the left is 'Southern Cross', named for an Australian orchid
company, resulted from an error in mericloning. I expect the 'Southern
Cross' to get fully was large as 'Serendipity' since this is the first bloom
seedling and my 'Serendipity' is a huge/old plant.

K Barrett

Attached Thumbnails
Blc George King two forms-dsc00004.jpg

Old 16-12-2007, 05:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

I can't explain the error. Just that if one clones a plant one expects them
all to be the same becasue they are clones. This one came out different.
So it gets a differnt clonal name.

Old 17-12-2007, 06:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids

You have to research the parentage of your plant. Not all Bs are Rs. Not
all Ls are Ss.

"Wendy7" wrote in message
So are all Blc's Rsc now?
Cheers Wendy

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Love 'em both Kathy & your yellow boy is outstanding! What is Rsc.?
Cheers Wendy
"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Was Blc. Now Rsc. George King. There are 2 color forms these days.
The usual one is 'Serendipity' the larger pink form on the right. The
smaller yellow one on the left is 'Southern Cross', named for an
Australian orchid company, resulted from an error in mericloning. I
expect the 'Southern Cross' to get fully was large as 'Serendipity'
since this is the first bloom seedling and my 'Serendipity' is a
huge/old plant.

K Barrett

Rate This Thread: