GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Soph. wittigiana (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/168116-soph-wittigiana.html)

K Barrett 20-12-2007 05:07 PM

Soph. wittigiana

1 Attachment(s)
Sophronitis (remains Sophronitis) wittigiana (also known as rosea)

I've wanted one of these itty bitty guys for a while. Large size flower
given the size of the plant. This one's probably an inch across (2.54cm)
First time its bloomed for me, and I hope I can keep it up!

K Barrett

K Barrett 21-12-2007 06:18 PM

Soph. wittigiana

Especially given the way I grow! I'll water fertilize etc for a few months
then get busy and forget the plants for a few months then remember them and
go thru a spate of watering and feeding..... is amazing any of them survive
at all.

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Well done Kathy. Not the easiest of plants to get to flower.

. ..

John Varigos 21-12-2007 09:54 PM

Soph. wittigiana

Sounds like my place especially at this time of the year.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Cheers

John

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Especially given the way I grow! I'll water fertilize etc for a few
months then get busy and forget the plants for a few months then remember
them and go thru a spate of watering and feeding..... is amazing any of
them survive at all.

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Well done Kathy. Not the easiest of plants to get to flower.

. ..

K Barrett 21-12-2007 10:15 PM

Christmastime orchid was Soph. wittigiana

1 Attachment(s)
So how about a red and green orchid, since its Christmas time?

An unnamed hybrid of Blc Memoria Benigno Aquino and Blc Green Sage Gem

Ho Ho Ho!

K Barrett

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Sounds like my place especially at this time of the year.

Have a great Christmas everyone.

Cheers

John

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Especially given the way I grow! I'll water fertilize etc for a few
months then get busy and forget the plants for a few months then remember
them and go thru a spate of watering and feeding..... is amazing any of
them survive at all.

"John Varigos" wrote in message
om...
Well done Kathy. Not the easiest of plants to get to flower.

. ..

John Varigos 21-12-2007 11:40 PM

Christmastime orchid was Soph. wittigiana

1 Attachment(s)
Not a bad idea. This is close as I have to red and green (with some
orange)! A classic species. Epidendrum pseudepidendrum is found in Costa
Rica and Panama.

~John

Al Pickrel 24-12-2007 03:35 PM

Soph. wittigiana

I had one. I loved it. It bloomed a few times and the flowers start off
larger than you can believe and they kept getting bigger... Very nice
plant. Mine died. I think I kept it too warm, but I don't know.

. ..

K Barrett 24-12-2007 05:14 PM

Soph. wittigiana

Well, we'll see what happens to mine. The humidity issue, and watering
issues will probably dry mine as dry as the stick its mounted on. But! Its
a New Year and maybe I'll change!

K Barrett

"Al Pickrel" wrote in message
I had one. I loved it. It bloomed a few times and the flowers start off
larger than you can believe and they kept getting bigger... Very nice
plant. Mine died. I think I kept it too warm, but I don't know.

. ..

Diana Kulaga[_5_] 28-12-2007 08:26 PM

Soph. wittigiana

Could someone repost this picture, please? I'm getting a picture of Kathy's
last posted Paph. WWW stands for wierd wierd wierd sometimes.........

Diana

. ..

"Al Pickrel" wrote in message
I had one. I loved it. It bloomed a few times and the flowers start off
larger than you can believe and they kept getting bigger... Very nice
plant. Mine died. I think I kept it too warm, but I don't know.

. ..