GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Opened today!! The real L. anceps (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/orchid-photos/170036-opened-today-real-l-anceps.html)

wendy7 02-01-2008 02:11 AM

Opened today!! The real L. anceps

1 Attachment(s)
Happy New Year !

This Laelia anceps opened up today, but unfortunately she got a little
squished against the g/h wall. It may
straighten out. They send out a spike that takes forever & then BAM they
spring open!
Love 'em to bits tho.
Cheers Wendy

tbell 02-01-2008 10:13 PM

Opened today!! The real L. anceps

On Tue, 1 Jan 2008 18:11:56 -0800, Wendy7 wrote
(in article ):

Happy New Year !

This Laelia anceps opened up today, but unfortunately she got a little
squished against the g/h wall. It may
straighten out. They send out a spike that takes forever & then BAM they
spring open!
Love 'em to bits tho.
Cheers Wendy

Lovely colors and lines, Wendy. I've begun the wait for Santa Barbara Sunset!

Tom
Walnut Creek, CA
Nikon D200

Peter Cliff 04-01-2008 09:35 AM

Opened today!! The real L. anceps

Great - now I know what mine will (or is it 'should'?) look like. The
flower spike on mine has taken about two months to develop, is some two
feet long and is now filling out at the end. Yesterday I noticed a
teeny weeny bit of purple showing through... so I better go and look at
it this morning in case it's already opened!

--
Peter Cliff
Warwick

wendy7 04-01-2008 04:28 PM

Opened today!! The real L. anceps

Thanks for the comments Tom, love hearing from you & the wait for SB Sunset
is going to be well
worth it! I think mine is in bud too.
Cheers Wendy
.com...